The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trainers/boarding - Ohio

Hey all,

I hate for this to be my first post, but...

I need a new barn. I'm in the Columbus, Ohio area with three horses. Pasture board is great. I just need safe fencing and good care.

I'd also really like an eventing trainer. Eventing has always been my dream, but I'm constantly stuck with unsuitable horses and clueless H/J or dressage trainers. Or no trainer. I would really just love some guidance to finally, finally get me underway in eventing! I will clean stalls, I will work off board, anything.

Oh, and hi. I'm new. I started riding at 15; western, leading trail rides in WV, anything to get horse time. Life changed and I was able to get my own horses! It's pretty cool I'm about to graduate college in May, and I have three horses. One is my old mare; she's a pasture puff at this point, or a walking vet bill. She's my baby, and always my favorite. Second is a TB I got suckered into. He's a sweetheart, but not so much a fan of the great outdoors. Then we have my dream horse, a BWP/TB who has SI issues.

I live/board in the Columbus area and have a few suggestions for you. Woudl be happy to chat if you'd like. You send me a pm.
    Last edited by Trail Rider; Jun. 24, 2012 at 07:13 PM.

Emailed! Thank you

Question Also looking

Hi,

I also live in the Columbus area - east side, and was looking to hopefully find an eventing trainer.

Thanks

Apolloflyin, check your email box. I sent you the same email I sent to Monokeros suggesting five or six possibilities.

Me too!!! I'll be making the move to Columbus also. Bexley to be specific. I am not moving until next June (2013), so I have a whole year to get this sorted out, but I am trying to do as much research as possible now.

Would love an eventing barn where I could potentially find a half leaser to share my horse with. (Really the only way I could afford a big barn!) Would also love suggestions on smaller boarding facilities since I'm used to boarding at a small low-cost place (my guy LOVES pasture board) and then suggestions on what trainers might be good options for trailering in for lessons.

Thanks!

Monokeros and Apolloflyin --- How'd the search go?
    God forbid that I go to a heaven in which there are no horses

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

If no one has mentioned it, my personal suggestion would be Laura Beaver in the Canal Winchester area. Rider (ridden through CCI*), trainer, event organizer (Gemwood and Greater Dayton), farrier, massage therapist. She's also a parelli instructor... but if you don't like parelli, that's ok. She's still a great person to work with. Contact her through Gemwoodevents.com
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

I ended up staying at my current barn, but trailering to Jn4Jenny's trainer. So far, so good! I am at such a low level that this set up is working for now. I'm so glad she was suggested to me - everyone I talked to has only good things to say about her. And it turns out my room mate hunts with her! Small world.

However, I will keep my ears out for those folks mentioned here And if any area COTHers want to do a trail ride, I'm always game for that!