The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horse scene in Las Vegas?

Hi there! New to the forum though I have been reading for years I am looking at moving to Las Vegas to attend the university there and am wondering where I should look for riding lessons. I might also be able to lease something, at least on a partial basis. Depending on my finances I might be able to attend some shows, but that would not be priority. Any advice would be appreciated!

I know of two people who are familiar with that area. PM if you're interested in getting connected with them. I know them through Facebook. I think there is really only one or two barns out there.

Sent you a message HRF, thank you!

Anyone else?

If you're looking at UNLV I think they have an equestrian team/club, if I remember correctly. While IHSA can have its ups and downs, it can be a fun and economical way to keep up riding during school and at least can give you connections to the local horse community.
    If the pony spits venom in your face or produces a loud roar, it is probably not a pony. Find another. -The Oatmeal

I live, ride and show in Las Vegas. I've also boarded at many barns and trained with many trainers out there and can give you the scoop. Feel free to Pm.
    "There are times when you can trust a horse, times when you can't, and times when you have to."

Just sort of bumping this old thread up. I am a former Saddle Seat rider (Saddlebreds) living in Las Vegas. I no longer ride (so many reasons why), but am a ad rep for a breed magazine and photographer - so I travel to Southern California and Arizona for horse shows all the time.
    Wanting to find more horse people in Las Vegas, so I don't have to travel so much for photoshoots!
    Camille Gangelhoff Photography
    http://www.camillegangelhoffphotography.com
    equine + canine + you