The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hollywood comes to Atlanta!

I board my horse at a sleepy BYB south of Atlanta...so who would have expected Hollywood! For the past 3 weeks it has been our pleasure to be home base for the 6 horses involved in filming a TV pilot for NBC!! And not just any pilot...a JJ Abrams production called "Revolution" directed by Jon Favreau, due to air in May starring Billy Burke and Giancarlo Esposito. Billy Burke was Bella's father in Twilight and Giancarlo was on Breaking Bad and now on Once Upon A Time. I was a huge "Lost" fan, so can't wait to check it out when it airs.

It's been a lot of fun and the wranglers are a great bunch of friendly guys. A couple of them were part of the Land Run scene in Far and Away. The head wrangler, Doug, has been involved in films like The Last Samurai, Sommersby and a number of TNT movies. I think they wrap up tomorrow and it will be sad to see them go.

The only actor who was out to the barn was Giancarlo, who came out to practice ride before shooting started. He brought his lady friend, Terry, and they were as nice as could be.

Not much goes on in my neighborhood, so this was a fun diversion! I hope the show gets picked up and they come back for regular filming.

They are filming so much stuff in the greater Atlanta area now! That would be pretty cool if we could get an actual official horse wrangler established here, so they wouldn't have to haul their horses and gear from out west, or "make do" with what people may have available here. Geez, if only my old horse Rush was still with me. He would've made a kick-ass movie horse-- not a thing fazed him.

Giancarlo Esposito is awesome! Hope he had a good ride. i'll look for the show when it comes out.
    ...somewhere between the talent and the potato....

ooooooooh, I LOVE J.J. Abrams shows. Will definatly be watching for this!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

God, I must be old. I don't recognize a single name you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    God, I must be old. I don't recognize a single name you mentioned.
    Lol...well I'm 52 and I think Giancarlo is older than me. He's been a character actor type for a long time and you might recognize the face before the name!

He seemed comfy on the horse. He was in Western tack and said something along the lines of being told to push his legs out in front of him in English tack. A couple of us yelled out "bad trainer!" in unison!

Wrangler Doug was fun to watch work with his trick horses. One of them is trained to "fall". I was hacking my mare and he cued Hobo to drop and my mare was like "WTF just happened?!".

Looking forward to watching the pilot and looking for the horses. Hobo is the paint.

I've been a fan of unusual shows since Twin Peaks!

... _. ._ .._. .._

I like JJ Abrams, too -- and good on him for making a TV show that includes horses.

How fun for you!