The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Diamond J Equestrian?

http://www.diamondjequestrian.com/

Has anyone heard anything (positive or negative) about these folks? A friend is thinking of contacting them, and I'm just wondering if they're legit. Googling brought me to a couple of ripoff reports, but they both have well-written and articulate rebuttals from the owners...
    RIP Victor... I'll miss you, you big galumph.

I honestly don't know anything about them. BUT I have noticed when browsing horse ads that they will show up in several states all over the US. So it's possible they are doing some brokering for other people or something? I don't know. But I've seen their ads for horses in Arizona, Texas, Georgia, etc. They do seem to get a lot of nice horses. I'm not in the market now so I haven't looked into them like I would if I was going to buy.

Hi RhythmDivine,

We are located in Alexander, AR and all of our horses are here and owned by us. We don't do any brokering, we have several ranches that we work with and buy most of our geldings from. We seek out horses with a certain disposition that we then put into our desensitizing program to get them used to things that they will see in a family environment and ready for beginners, older riders, and kids. We place ads in various states all over the country to advertise and promote our horses, but we always start out the conversations by making sure people know where we're located. We would love to help you or anyone you know that is in need of a good safe horse or pony. My wife, Alisha, is always available to help and can be reached at (501)240-4889

Sincerely,
    Richard Jacuzzi

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Diamond J Equestran

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorseLittleHorse View Post
    http://www.diamondjequestrian.com/

Has anyone heard anything (positive or negative) about these folks? A friend is thinking of contacting them, and I'm just wondering if they're legit. Googling brought me to a couple of ripoff reports, but they both have well-written and articulate rebuttals from the owners...
    I think it would be best if it is not too late to tell your friend to move on. I have had a bad experience with these people and would not wish this on anyone.

Does anyone else think their horses are outrageously expensive?

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SAcres View Post
    Meh, if they can get that for the horses, good for them. I assume there's some negotiation in there.

What I dislike is that practically every horse on their "for sale" list is already sold (remove it then or make a "sold" page, FFS), and that the "sold" horses still have the price attached. It feels a bit, idk, invasive to the buyer's privacy? I'm familiar with sites that post "sold to x", but they don't leave the prices on once the horse is sold.

3 members found this post helpful.

Yep.

Yes.
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

I'm sure they don't get the asking price for the horses; it's usually a starting point. Same with cars, furniture, homes, etc.

They have a good website and it looks like all the horses are registered with their associations. There are a couple of horses in there that are drop dead gorgeous!

I only know them because I have happened to be stabled by them a few times at some events....and they are very professional, nice, outgoing people who have outstanding, polite, children who ride very well. They were helpful to me at the show and in our area, that is how they are thought of- nice, helpful people.

2 members found this post helpful.

Hi Coanteen,

We do have a sold page that we move horses to after a while. The problem is they generally sell almost immediately upon or even before we ever get them posted on the For Sale page. Most of our customers have expressed an interest in having the horse posted even if they buy it before it was ever listed. We have asked customers in the past if they want the price to remain and the overwhelming response has been yes. We do from time to time have a customer that asks that we don't put their name, or the price, or sometimes even completely remove the horse and we always due what they ask. That's why you see some horses that just say "Sold" and some without a price. The reason we leave the prices on the site is so that people will have a reference of what our prices typically average since many times we have a waiting list and there are no horses for sale listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemoose View Post
    I think it would be best if it is not too late to tell your friend to move on. I have had a bad experience with these people and would not wish this on anyone.
    < deleted >
    Last edited by Roxyllsk; Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM.