The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Casting call: Full Metal Jousting. Are you brave enough?

http://pilgrimfilms.tv/casting/jousting/

HISTORY and the producers of Top Shot and The Ultimate Fighter are looking for America’s toughest and bravest for their new competition series Full Metal Jousting. Yes, we said JOUSTING. If you are a skilled horseback rider and have the heart of a warrior, then you might have what it takes to become America’s first Full Metal Jouster and win the $100,000 grand prize.

This hard-hitting competition will recreate the raw, crushing force of hardcore jousting battles by arming 16 fierce competitors with lances, armor and a 2,000-pound war horse — all charging through an arena with one goal in mind… to become champion.

You don’t need to be an experienced jouster, but you DO need strength, determination and the desire to win.

We teach you how to joust. You crush the competition.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

I don't think $100K would cover all the medical bills, would it??

Actually, it bothers me about using the horses for this shite.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

I don't understand how people can afford to take a month long vacation for these shows or expect to have a job when they get back. I could go on leave, but who's going to pay my bills?

considering that people used to actually die during jousts, I think I pass...

Then again, I don't bounce well, never did...and I don't think I am good enough (at just about anything) to not fall at least once...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

The crazy part of me is so, so tempted...

But then I have to request PTO to go jousting, and explain where I was when I get back, why I have 6 broken bones, and why I ever thought this was a good idea... and I don't think I'd be able to answer that last one.
    If the pony spits venom in your face or produces a loud roar, it is probably not a pony. Find another. -The Oatmeal

I know there are very strict guidelines in place when using animals for television or movies, but I wonder if they will be able to find good people/riders.

I would hate to do the casting for a show like this, no doubt they'll get all kinds of interesting characters, including many who claim they can actually ride well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    I know there are very strict guidelines in place when using animals for television or movies, but I wonder if they will be able to find good people/riders.

I would hate to do the casting for a show like this, no doubt they'll get all kinds of interesting characters, including many who claim they can actually ride well enough.

Deep in the recesses of my mind I think they had something similar before. But I only caught it in passing, so I can't say for sure how to google for it.

They certainly put the riders through their paces, it was far from a walk in the park...

but this should be interesting...there are a bunch of people out there that already joust, just for fun (not even counting the dinner and a joust pros)
    GNU Terry Prachett

$100,000 is tempting. But not tempting enough to get freaking JOUSTED for.

Interesting that they supply you with a 2,000lb war horse. I wonder what breed they are...and how much time you get to ride them before you have to joust...ugh. This wont end well.
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat518 View Post

Interesting that they supply you with a 2,000lb war horse. I wonder what breed they are...and how much time you get to ride them before you have to joust...ugh. This wont end well.

guessing percheron, frisian, along that line...or crosses there of.
    GNU Terry Prachett

I know there is a farm somewhere that breeds horses for jousting (I think they were percherons) - I remember seeing a video, they are gorgeous.

Third time this topic has been posted here in the last two weeks.
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Matson View Post

It has?

I missed it both previous times then....
    GNU Terry Prachett

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Matson View Post
    Didn't realize it and didn't know anyone was counting.

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat518 View Post

According to a member of the Seattle Knights, the list will be closed. So people won't have to actually ride very well and the horses shouldn't get yanked around as much.

Didn't realize it and didn't know anyone was counting.
    If it gets to four, I'll let you know.
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

If I thought my DH could handle both the horses & our 2 y.o daughter by himself for a month in Oct/Nov then I would actually consider applying for the heck of it being a fun experience & challenge. But since there is no way he or I would care to go a month with /no/ contact not going to happen. Heck he's been gone 32 days - but we've talked 3 - 4 times a day via cellphone & nightly on skype....and he's heading home today (finally!).
    Crayola Posse~ on the bus in Mahognany

I'm happy to see that they're expecting applicants to already be "reasonably proficient at horseback riding"; I can't imagine what a cluster it'd be if they had to teach folks to ride in that short time as well as joust. But then, this is reality TV we're talking about, so it wouldn't be that surprising. I wonder which brave insurance company is underwriting this one?

'plash

Oh my God....

I soooo wanna do this ! But, can you joust in glasses ?? I don't think so. And my stutter is not going to do them too much good in a TV show. I think it would be fun to try a jousting competition. But I know there is a small population of people who do it already. I think most people on the show will have had some experience already.

Default I NEED to be on this show. I have been riding horsess and rough stock my whole life.I

I need to be on this show. I have been riding horses and rough stock all of my life this would be a dream come true Someone SIGN me up!!!!!!!this is Now at the top of my Bucket list!

http://pilgrimfilms.tv/casting/jousting/

HISTORY and the producers of Top Shot and The Ultimate Fighter are looking for America’s toughest and bravest for their new competition series Full Metal Jousting. Yes, we said JOUSTING. If you are a skilled horseback rider and have the heart of a warrior, then you might have what it takes to become America’s first Full Metal Jouster and win the $100,000 grand prize.

This hard-hitting competition will recreate the raw, crushing force of hardcore jousting battles by arming 16 fierce competitors with lances, armor and a 2,000-pound war horse — all charging through an arena with one goal in mind… to become champion.

You don’t need to be an experienced jouster, but you DO need strength, determination and the desire to win.

We teach you how to joust. You crush the competition.

I reallly need to be on this show someone tell me how to get there I will be there tomarrow... Bring on the pain and let me lay the hammer down on everyone else just get me there