The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
    alterbecauseimacoward Guest

Default paul valliere

So I've been searching online for stuff about Paul Valliere, because I've been taking a few lessons with him and wanted to know more about this whole horse-killing thing. Of course the Chronicle forums came up in my search, and y'all clearly really hate him. My question for you is: why? I mean, yes, it's terrible that he had a horse electrocuted for the insurance money. But it was a mistake made like 10 years ago. So what exactly is the problem with him?

I don't tend to forgive easily.
    If that was just a silly little "mistake" in his eyes, then I'm not sure how I'd feel about any of his BIG mistakes...

1 members found this post helpful.

Oh no. I see a train wreck coming.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

All I can say is--

How the hell do you pronounce the man's name?
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

elite Guest

you pronounce it like valley air.

and yeah, i sense that i'm starting a trainwreck. but i'm curious.

It's pronounced "Val-ee-ere"
    And he is scum.
    See if you can find the book "Hot Blood" by Ken Englade. It's an excellent book and spells out the whole thing.
    Sports Illustrated also did an excellent piece at the time.

Just the fact that you had to create an alter just to ask about him should tell you something. Don't associate with people you aren't proud to be seen with. I wouldn't take any lessons from him, much less give him any money.

and now a word from our sponsors, Jiffy Pop popcorn and "The Little Engine that could"
    Last edited by Jaegermonster; Sep. 1, 2007 at 09:42 PM.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

You can't be serious,right? A mistake is forgetting to latch the gate,billing someone the wrong amount,pulling a mane too short,forgetting to add a supplement to a feed,leaving your tack out,sleeping with your employee/employer...etc. Participating in an act of murder for money is not a mistake.It is a crime. In my mind it is cold blooded murder,just as bad as taking a human life,maybe even worse . I can't imagine that to be okay with any horse lover,ever.

Is he really so good that people just ignore the fact that someday he'll have his own little special place in Hell? I mean really, how does someone, that loves horses, ever get past that? Humans are the only species on the entire planet that kill for sheer greed. He certainly can't be so much of all that, that these idiots that support him can't find someone else to go to.

I have to say I do smell a troll. I don't think PV teaches the up down crowd
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

Paul came out to my barn when I lived in RI to look at a few of my horses I had for sale... he was a pompass a$$... didnt surprise me in the least to read about him a few years later. What he did was much more than a "mistake", and in my eyes deserves to be banned for LIFE... and I would never, ever, consider giving him a penny of my hard earned money, no matter how good he is deemed to be.

Thank God he passed on my very nice horses.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by alterbecauseimacoward View Post
    I mean, yes, it's terrible that he had a horse electrocuted for the insurance money. But it was a mistake made like 10 years ago. So what exactly is the problem with him?

You are kidding, right?

Killing a horse for insurance money is not "a mistake." It's

1) a crime

2) an act most horse lovers are not likely to forgive in this lifetime

So you have to ask "what exactly is the problem with him?"

troll alert?

What's the problem?

it's terrible that he had a horse electrocuted for the insurance money.
    That would about cover it...

Quote Originally Posted by horsekpr View Post
    A mistake is forgetting to latch the gate,billing someone the wrong amount,pulling a mane too short,forgetting to add a supplement to a feed,leaving your tack out,sleeping with your employee/employer...etc.

I love what you consider similarly weighted mistakes :-)
    Last edited by platinm; Sep. 1, 2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: edit

While I have heard from many about the sheer talent the man has I'm not sure I could EVER get past his, um, "mistake" as you put it. Can you imagine what he might do to YOUR horse or dog? I could never support a human being with that capacity for evil.
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

y'all clearly really hate him. My question for you is: why? I mean, yes, it's terrible that he had a horse electrocuted for the insurance money. But it was a mistake made like 10 years ago. So what exactly is the problem with him?
    ummm....he had a horse electrocuted for money.
    If that isn't enough for you.....may I suggest motocross as a new sport for you where you will not outrage the other participants by destroying your mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegermonster View Post
    It's pronounced "Val-ee-ere"
    And he is scum.
    See if you can find the book "Hot Blood" by Ken Schade (I think, but I'm sure I got the last name wrong). It's an excellent book and spells out the whole thing.
    Sports Illustrated also did an excellent piece at the time.

Just the fact that you had to create an alter just to ask about him should tell you something. Don't associate with people you aren't proud to be seen with. I wouldn't take any lessons from him, much less give him any money.

and now a word from our sponsors, Jiffy Pop popcorn and "The Little Engine that could"

The book was written by Ken Englade. I wrote a book report on "Hot Blood" last quarter in ENG-102. Those "people", and I use that term loosely, are truly the scum of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegermonster View Post
    I have to say I do smell a troll. I don't think PV teaches the up down crowd
    You are probably right, but it bears repeating on a regular basis....people seem to have short memories.

Besides.....we have this big warehouse of popcorn.....

So I've been searching online for stuff about Paul Valliere, because I've been taking a few lessons with him and wanted to know more about this whole horse-killing thing. Of course the Chronicle forums came up in my search, and y'all clearly really hate him. My question for you is: why? I mean, yes, it's terrible that he had a horse electrocuted for the insurance money. But it was a mistake made like 10 years ago. So what exactly is the problem with him?
    No. Electrocuting a horse by mistake is when you are clipping in a wet wash stall. PAying someone to
    electrocute a horse for the insurance money is a lowlife crime.
    It shows a remarkable disregard for the animal that is the basis for one's livelihood.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

alterbecauseimacoward Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    While I have heard from many about the sheer talent the man has I'm not sure I could EVER get past his, um, "mistake" as you put it. Can you imagine what he might do to YOUR horse or dog? I could never support a human being with that capacity for evil.
    He didn't do it to someone else's horse...he did it to his own horse because he was financially struggling. It's not like he runs around with alligator clips killing random horses.

Quote Originally Posted by horsekpr View Post
    You can't be serious,right? A mistake is forgetting to latch the gate,billing someone the wrong amount,pulling a mane too short,forgetting to add a supplement to a feed,leaving your tack out,sleeping with your employee/employer...etc. Participating in an act of murder for money is not a mistake.It is a crime. In my mind it is cold blooded murder,just as bad as taking a human life,maybe even worse . I can't imagine that to be okay with any horse lover,ever.
    All of those besides the sleeping with your employee/employer are ACCIDENTS, which are different than MISTAKES.

From dictionary.com
    Accident: an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss
    Mistake: an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc.

He didn't do it to someone else's horse...he did it to his own horse because he was financially struggling. It's not like he runs around with alligator clips killing random horses.

All of those besides the sleeping with your employee/employer are ACCIDENTS, which are different than MISTAKES.

From dictionary.com

So it's ok to kill your own horse? Who knew?? Give me a break.

And after I read your definitions for mistake and accident that you so thoughtfully posted for our review, I have come to the conclusion that his behavior fits into neither category. He planned what he did, hired someone to do it, showed them where the horse was, and cashed the check.
    What part of pond scum is it that you don't understand?