The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Creepy CL ad?

Anyone else find this ad kind of creepy?

I have to mini horses that would like some more attention. They reside on my ranch on xxxxxx. They have a great place to live. I provide feed and such. Looking for someone to interact with them and exercise them. They can go on hikes up the trail or be trained to pull a cart. I am not selling them but you can play with them for free. Kids ok. xxx xxx-xxxx

There are two photos with the ad. The first is of a mini wearing a blanket, the second shows a headshot of two (very cute) minis with a headshot of a man, looks to be in his 40s, wearing dark glasses. Maybe he is just a busy guy looking for someone to train his minis for free but it creeps me out. I took a screen shot of it and sent it to my friend who works with the PD just in case.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

My mommy radar just went ding ding ding. Very, very odd sounding. The whole ad reads to appeal to a child. Maybe this is an updated verion of "I have a lost puppy"
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

I agree. Bait for children. Not appropriate.

I just heard back from my PD friend. She thinks this is the guy that dated another friend of ours last year. I never met him but she did and she said he was really creepy.

Several years ago there was a horse trainer in the area marketing kids horses. He would pick the child up to put her on the horse, take photos (for the parent of course), and offer free lessons at his place. Mommy radar went off for one parent who just happened to be friends with my PD friend (a horse person who grew up around here and knows the dirt on everyone). As a result, Mr. Horse Trainer was found to be in violation of his parole (child molestation) and is now serving even more time in the pokey.

Did the guy have a pedo mustache?

What also occurred to me is he may not be appealing to kids, but to adults, if you get my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    Did the guy have a pedo mustache?

What also occurred to me is he may not be appealing to kids, but to adults, if you get my drift.
    Luckily the first person who'd be in line in the Washington area for that sort of thing is already in jail. If you get my drift.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Soooo creepy, guys..... I'm no mama, but my 'ut-oh' radar went off as well. Not a chance. So sketchy!
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

[QUOTE=rustbreeches;6223794]My mommy radar just went ding ding ding. Very, very odd sounding. The whole ad reads to appeal to a child. Maybe this is an updated verion of "I have a lost puppy"[/QUOT

Yuk.
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

The line he edited out was "chloroform included!"

Yikes, stay away from this one.
    I'm comin', Elizabeth!

Turns out that this guy is indeed the one that dated a friend of mine last year. She met him on Match.com. He's an "entrepreneur" which means he is currently bankrupt (but has money enough to go paragliding on the weekends). She said he is a bit "weird" and doesn't know anything about taking care of horses but she doesn't think he is the type to prey on children. She did say he might be interested in taking advantage of any woman who might take him up on his offer though.

The PD should be all over that. It needs to be reported on CL, and the PD need to keep a copy for their records in case (God forbid) anything does happen.

Wow. Creeptastic.