The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Ugly Llama" ad! poor thing!

http://madison.craigslist.org/grd/2918347013.html

"I have an ugly llama that needs a new home. He's a gelded male, somewhere between 5-10 years old, recently de-wormed, hoof-trimmed, sheared and vaccinated. His name is "Nash," and I rescued him from a pretty bad situation.

He's knock-kneed, he has a terrible haircut from recently shaved-off burdocks and mats, and his face is disfigured from an embedded halter wound. He's very hard to catch, impossible to lead, and just barely able to be pushed on and off of a trailer (we're working on these things). However, he has never once tried to spit, kick or bite, and is starting to accept petting. He will eat grain from your hand, and although shy, seems to want to make friends. The vet says he's healthy now. He makes no noise except for quiet, lonely hum-hoots, which sound like someone is blowing into a dusty trumpet.

Llamas are sensitive to copper, so they can't have most horse feeds/minerals, but are fine with hay/pasture and goat vitamins. They get along fine with most animals...

...just not my horse. My old Tennessee Walker is apparently a vicious southern racist who wants to rip Nash's little brown South American face off. I tried to sign my horse up for sensitivity training, but things just aren't working out. Thus, Nash needs a new home.

If you've read all THAT, and are STILL interested in adopting an ugly llama, I know you have a good heart. Nash needs someone like you; he's had a rough life and deserves a really nice home. A farm visit and vet references will be required-- I need to know he's going to be well taken care of. Please call Laura at xxx-xxx-xxxx or email the above address."

At least they genuinely care about him!! Oh, the things posted on Craigslist!

Sounds like they sure tried with him. They do seem like they really care for him. That halter wound is HUGE! Poor fella.
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

<>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare View Post
    That is absolutely HIDEOUS! The stuff nightmares are made of (no pun intended).

As for the ugly llama, I sent that link to my sister who used to raise llamas, hoping she might know someone in that area that could give the poor boy a new home.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Awww, poor little llama If I were closer and if my old horse didn't have similarly racist feelings toward llamas I would so go get him!

poor llama, sounds like they are trying to get him into the right home

Good GAWD that's hideous!!!
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

Gawd, you'd have to pay me to take that freaky thing!
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia

When I opened that CL ad, my jaw hit the desk and I was rendered apopletic & speechless. Just
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Aww, poor lllama. Hoope he goes to a nice home.

Chocomare...is that thing grinning or growling????

This is what it made me think of:
    http://www.figures.com/databases/new...res/172/13.jpg

It must be Karen Black's horse?
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

AAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Great. Now I'll never be able to fall asleep...
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DottieHQ View Post
    You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.

Aww, poor ugly llama. Though I have to admit that the ad made me giggle!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

Ok. I have to admit. I tired to convince my DH that we needed to go get the Ugly Lama earlier today.

Ugly Llama needs a home! Come on folks!! I'm enabling as fast as I can!!!

*lonely hum-hoots* Awww, he needs another llama to keep him company and tell him he's really not so ugly after all. Or maybe a goat? Cow? Pony?

Anybody??

Is that entire chunk out of his profile the result of a halter wound? Or is a halter and/or wound only partially to blame with some kind of odd structural issue going on as well? Anyone familiar enough with llama head structure to be able to tell?
    Horse & Dog Designs: Clothing, Pacifiers, Onesies, Phone Cases, ETC:
    WoofNWhinny*
    NEW: Arabians, Thoroughbreds, Barrel Racing, & Schnauzers

Horsey Humor, Ponies, Barn Safety & More.

I printed out the ad and took it to my favorite bank teller here in Houston. She's from WI and still has llamas up there.

Unfortunately, she said the llama market has completely crashed and it's hard to give away a trained llama, let alone one that can't be hauled or led.

She also said its facial deformity did not look like it was caused by a halter, that it was "something else".

She kept the ad and said she'd ask around.

What is that even supposed to be? It looks like someone tried to turn a Salvador Dali painting into a sculpture. . .
    Please copy and paste this to your signature if you know someone, or have been affected by someone who needs a smack upside the head. Lets raise awareness.

A friend said on my FB page: It looks like a dehydrated poorly-bred miniature horse cadaver.

Works for me!

ROFLMAO - Exactly!!!

A friend said on my FB page: It looks like a dehydrated poorly-bred miniature horse cadaver.

Works for me!

If it weren't in Wisconsin....my dad as always wanted a llama. Perfect for the back yard. Could be friends with the pony and donkey our neighbors currently keep. If only.

Works for me!
    Disturbingly accurate.....

So why do I want it?
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit