The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for facility available for Lease or needs manager - Middlesex county (Mass)

Hello! I would like to lease a small stable in the Middlesex (Massachusetts) area to start a small boarding/training business. If you know of an available facility, I am a highly organized/motivated individual who is dedicated to providing top notch care to our equine partners, and willing to go the extra mile to insure their accommodation are clean and systematic. My degree is in Equine Science and working to become a certified instructor. I am looking for a private barn with an indoor, 15 stalls or less, and good turnout. Would be happy to help manage a barn as well. Thanks!
    Last edited by DressageDreams; Mar. 28, 2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Wanted to better specify location

Perhaps start with saying in what STATE Middlesex County is in. I happen to know of a facility in Worcester County. But that is in MA.

Thank you, I am looking in Massachusetts. Please let me know more about the barn, I am about 30 min from Worcester.

Or, for less than the monthly lease fee, you could
    own this! Financing available
    www.settlementfarm.net
    (sorry, chance, but you never know LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by DressageDreams View Post
    Thank you, I am looking in Massachusetts. Please let me know more about the barn, I am about 30 min from Worcester.
    There is a barn listed on Equinesite in North Brookfield. It is a nice barn from what I understand.
    You could also buy dotneko's barn which is WAY nicer! (that's where I board).
    Have you looked on Equinesite?

Do remember that you must be licensed in Massachusetts to teach & train. So best to complete your licensing before opening up shop.
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy, Cadet & CCS Silinde
    member VADANoVA www.vadanova.org

The lic. Is a joke in MA. Just know your parts of all saddlles and that you can't work a horse more than 12 hours a day, when to water...blah blah blah. It means nothing except that you can get insurance and pay the state of Ma. $$$$
    "The stumbler doesn’t build her life by being better than others, but by being better than she used to be."
    David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey2 View Post
    The lic. Is a joke in MA. Just know your parts of all saddlles and that you can't work a horse more than 12 hours a day, when to water...blah blah blah. It means nothing except that you can get insurance and pay the state of Ma. $$$$
    Not quite that simple. There is also a 60-hour apprenticeship requirement, unless you're licensed by another governmental entity.
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by 1998 Morgan mare Mythic Feronia; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine