The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Matcho is harder to find in AAs, as Vineyridge points out, but his sire Pancho II is in Querdolan Vitarel's pedigree. Nithard (called the "foundation sire of the modern Anglo-Arab"), who is Pancho II's sire and Matcho's grandsire, is found everywhere in AA and Selle Francais breeding; question will be whether you can get access to that blood in NA, other than as outlined above.

I have a gelding bred in the Netherlands by Monsieur AA. I know he's sired some nice dressage horses as well as jumpers.

What about a good moving ½ cross or higher to a Crabbet line Anglo. The Crabbet line stallions are known as riding horses with good bodies and good movement – will say this will be hard to find IMHO. While I wouldn’t say I have a lot to do with Arab’s I do show in Arab classes in Aust very occasionally and there are no Shagya Arabian classes. Actually never heard of them before reading this form but in having said that when I need to go looking for Arabian blood I will look to O/S registered horses with high Arab blood content and speak with the Society about registry or registry issues. It is hard to find a good moving, good bodied, good minded stallion in the colour that you want ... ... actually that holds true for all stallions. Good luck

If you are willing to go for 1/2 AA what about Maurice? There are a couple horses by him at my barn right now and they are both very well put together and great movers. He is sired by Matcho so you would get that line as well as some very nice hanoverian lines on his dams side.

I find there is a lot of glossing over of the differences in the French Anglo Arab breed (commonly referred to as AA), which is a recognized, long established French breed, versus the thoughts here in the States that if you cross a TB and an Arab you have an Anglo Arab. You do not have an Anglo Arab--you have a TB/Arab cross. They are not part of, nor are they recognized by, the Anglo Arab breed.

And Bonaparte N AA is a fantastic horse, btw--excellent comments here on his breeding.

1 members found this post helpful.

Feather River ever heard of Arabian Horse Stud Books? There is one in almost every country where at a guess the vast majority of Anglo's are registered and competed as Anglo's.

Quote Originally Posted by feather river View Post
    I find there is a lot of glossing over of the differences in the French Anglo Arab breed (commonly referred to as AA), which is a recognized, long established French breed, versus the thoughts here in the States that if you cross a TB and an Arab you have an Anglo Arab. You do not have an Anglo Arab--you have a TB/Arab cross. They are not part of, nor are they recognized by, the Anglo Arab breed.

And Bonaparte N AA is a fantastic horse, btw--excellent comments here on his breeding.
    You could not be more wrong.
    The Inverted Y
    Anglo Arabian Sporthorses
    2005 and 2007 USEF Breeder of the Year.
    www.allanglos.net

Hundreds of half priced champion stallions
    www.SHNpayback.org

Feather River brings up something I'm curious about, what is the difference between the French Anglo Arab and what Americans are breeding? While I can understand not wanting a F1 cross, what is the difference between a F4 and a French bred horse?

Just a heads up that this older thread was bumped by a now deleted post (along with some responses addressing it). Feel free to continue discussion if the topic is of interest.

Thanks!
    Mod 1

I have a 1/2 French T/B mare and she is 1/2 Hanoverian. She produced the National CHampion Yearling Arabian Sport Horse colt for 2012. I own him and he is for sale. I have an Arabian stallion some T/Bs, GOV and Dutch mares. I breed to outside stallions, some frozen as well as to my own very good Arabian stallion, Fames Reward. I am going to breed at least one Anglo-Arabian in 2013. Pics of them on my facebook page, Gayle Atkins. Web site is under re-contruction for the second time! I have been breeding since the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by lolita1 View Post
    What about a good moving ½ cross or higher to a Crabbet line Anglo. The Crabbet line stallions are known as riding horses with good bodies and good movement – will say this will be hard to find IMHO. While I wouldn’t say I have a lot to do with Arab’s I do show in Arab classes in Aust very occasionally and there are no Shagya Arabian classes. Actually never heard of them before reading this form but in having said that when I need to go looking for Arabian blood I will look to O/S registered horses with high Arab blood content and speak with the Society about registry or registry issues. It is hard to find a good moving, good bodied, good minded stallion in the colour that you want ... ... actually that holds true for all stallions. Good luck
    I have an all Crabbet and Polish Arabian stallion that moves better than lots of warmbloods. He sired the National Champion Sport Arabian yearling for 2012. I bought him because I was thinking to breed some ponies and a half warmblood and I could not find a larger Welsh B that moved brilliantly enough for me from behind and the Cobs just had too much neck for my taste and most of them pushed more than carried from behind. I researced and learned that Welsh decended from Arabs brought to the Isles by the Romans millenia before Lady Wentworth did her importations. I bred the mother as well. She is 1/2 TB. I have been thinking to breed some Anglo Arabians since my stallion turned out to produce so well with the 1/2 Anglo mare. So, keep me in mind if you want Anglo Arabs. I only have premium graded quality mares, too by the way.

Anglo stallion. 16.1h

Half brother to French Anglo mare. 16.3h
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7290 Tiny SHIH dessage WEB.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	37195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood - R15_8215 Cobalt SHIH champ WEB.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	37193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7100 Tiny SHIH Web.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	37194  
    The Inverted Y
    Anglo Arabian Sporthorses
    2005 and 2007 USEF Breeder of the Year.
    www.allanglos.net

Hundreds of half priced champion stallions
    www.SHNpayback.org

I know this dude isn't an anglo.. but what are your thoughts on him?

http://www.daretodreamfarm.ca/FSF-Jesse-James.html (there is a video at the link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXe16BNQMik
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

The newly approved by the ATA, Virginian Sky, is worth looking at.

http://www.virginiansky.com/pedigree.html