The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ariat Tempo boots- anyone have them?

Does anyone have a pair of Ariat Tempo boots in a 9 -10 EXTRA WIDE? If you do, would you kindly measure the ankle of the boot, right above the ankle bone, and tell me: does your boot fit snugly in the ankle?

I ordered a pair of the Tempo Half chaps because I have seen them fit nicely and I was hoping to avoid shelling out for more boots while I try to save for my dream Konigs. The chaps fit lovely through the calf, the height was PERFECT, but it gaped terribly at the ankle, more so than your average half chap. I couldn't get a finger in the top of the boot, but I could nearly get a fist in the bottom of it. It was essentially made for someone with a stove-pipe leg!

If you have the tempo dress boots, please give me some feedback on how they fit, especially if you have a wide to extra wide calf.
    If forwards doesn't work, go sideways!

Quote Originally Posted by lddowler View Post
    Does anyone have a pair of Ariat Tempo boots in a 9 -10 EXTRA WIDE? If you do, would you kindly measure the ankle of the boot, right above the ankle bone, and tell me: does your boot fit snugly in the ankle?

I ordered a pair of the Tempo Half chaps because I have seen them fit nicely and I was hoping to avoid shelling out for more boots while I try to save for my dream Konigs. The chaps fit lovely through the calf, the height was PERFECT, but it gaped terribly at the ankle, more so than your average half chap. I couldn't get a finger in the top of the boot, but I could nearly get a fist in the bottom of it. It was essentially made for someone with a stove-pipe leg!

If you have the tempo dress boots, please give me some feedback on how they fit, especially if you have a wide to extra wide calf.
    I have a pair in 7.5 (M/R), and the ankle fit is fine, but they are a bit wide (for me) at the top of the calf, so I need to sell them. I know this isn't your size, but at least with my pair, the ankle fits quite nicely. I compare that to a pair of Konigs I tried - I could have fit both my legs in the ankle!

I have them in a size 6.5 in a regular/medium calf. I have to say they fit VERY narrow in the calf. I am a petite woman, and I wear a size extra small in Ariat halfchaps. The regular calf width in the Tempos is VERY tight for me (ie sometimes I can't get the zippers done up) so I will likely have to have them stretched or widenend. I do like the cut and the styling of the boot, but the leather quality seems very poor compared to the Konigs that I'm used to.