The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TB mare in Delaware

I'm going to try this again. I'm am REALLY trying to get down to 2 horses. Treasure has been my broodmare for years. I'm now out of breeding. I've spent the summer getting her going under saddle. She had not been ridden since 2001 when she last raced, so it was slow going. She is now doing a W/T/C. She needs a bit more fitness to improve her canter transition, but it should be great in a month or so. She has only done trotting poles up to now. She is 14 yrs old. She's had 5 foals. She produces very nice, large foals. She is suitable as a pleasure horse or for local shows. She has some small "ankles", and a bit of arthritis in her hocks. She does best with consistant easy work. I've had her out on a few short trail rides by herself, and she has done well. She is still slightly green, but she has been really fun to work with. If interested in breeding, her name is Sweet Treasure. You can look up the pedigree. I'm going to try to link a you tube video of her trotting. She does crib.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn3oWEd2Z5I

I'm bumping up Treasure and adding a photo of her latest 2 yr old.
    http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/q...IMG_0783-1.jpg

how big is she?? quiet on the ground?
    thanks
    My Answered Prayers**Daisy
    Willing to Please - Hero 5/10/87-7/14/09 My Life will never be the same

Treasure is 16.1. And she is acts her age. She is very quiet and sensible. I have someone coming out this weekend to try out one of my other horses. If I sell that one, Treasure will likely be staying with me. She is a great old ladies horse!
    Last edited by Delaware TB; Oct. 31, 2010 at 08:07 PM.

Looks like Treasure might still be available.

Bring photos of her and a description, print a few flyers with that and bring them to New Garden Rescue Day.

http://newgarden.org/linkpage.php?content=events_rescue&classname=intro eco&titlename=Animal%20Rescue

New Garden Rescue Day
    Celebrate local rescues and meet all kinds of adoptable animals at this Community Event!

Saturday, November 6, 2010
    11:00 am to 3:00 pm
    New Garden Township Park
    Rain date: November 7, 2010

See presentations from local rescues!
    See herding, obedience and agility demonstrations!
    See presentations by a local veterinarian and presentations from local animal law enforcement agencies!
    Join an obedience class!

All dogs must be leashed (no retractable leashes), all other animals safely contained, and all must be up to date with vaccinations. All waste must be properly disposed of in designated receptacles. Water will be provided throughout the event.

Hosted by New Garden Township Parks & Recreation with the support of area Boy and Girl Scout Troops, and local businesses and supported by the Landenberg Pet Resort. Rescues include A Buddy for Life, Underground Dog Rescue, Forgotten Cats, The Nokota Horse Conservancy, Adorable Adoptables, Helping the Helpless Pets, First State Greyhound Rescue, Delaware Alliance for Animal Welfare, Angels Among Us, American Black and Tan Coonhound Rescue, Spanky's Project, TreeTops Animal Rescue, Chester County SPCA, Baker's Beads and Baubles, Three Shepherds K9, and many more!

Register for the event by downloading a form in MS Word version , or in a PDF version.
    Or by email: newgardenrescueday@gmail.com

Download the rescue announcement.
    For information on the above or any other event or to register an email address with parks and recreation for all the latest news at New Garden Park contact Barbara Underwood by email bunderwood@newgarden.org or phone: 610-972-7194.

Thanks, but I think I'll pass. I have her for sale on the web. I thought I'd offered her here, because it's a little easier to make sure she would go to a good home. I don't want to just put her out as an adoption to just anyone. I've turned down two people that wanted to buy her, because the homes were not appropriate. I don't HAVE to place her. My goal is to get down to just 2 in the future. But, which ever one goes, a good home is a must. But thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan P View Post
    Bring photos of her and a description, print a few flyers with that and bring them to New Garden Rescue Day.

http://newgarden.org/linkpage.php?content=events_rescue&classname=intro eco&titlename=Animal%20Rescue

New Garden Rescue Day
    Celebrate local rescues and meet all kinds of adoptable animals at this Community Event!

Saturday, November 6, 2010
    11:00 am to 3:00 pm
    New Garden Township Park
    Rain date: November 7, 2010

See presentations from local rescues!
    See herding, obedience and agility demonstrations!
    See presentations by a local veterinarian and presentations from local animal law enforcement agencies!
    Join an obedience class!

All dogs must be leashed (no retractable leashes), all other animals safely contained, and all must be up to date with vaccinations. All waste must be properly disposed of in designated receptacles. Water will be provided throughout the event.

Hosted by New Garden Township Parks & Recreation with the support of area Boy and Girl Scout Troops, and local businesses and supported by the Landenberg Pet Resort. Rescues include A Buddy for Life, Underground Dog Rescue, Forgotten Cats, The Nokota Horse Conservancy, Adorable Adoptables, Helping the Helpless Pets, First State Greyhound Rescue, Delaware Alliance for Animal Welfare, Angels Among Us, American Black and Tan Coonhound Rescue, Spanky's Project, TreeTops Animal Rescue, Chester County SPCA, Baker's Beads and Baubles, Three Shepherds K9, and many more!

Register for the event by downloading a form in MS Word version , or in a PDF version.
    Or by email: newgardenrescueday@gmail.com

Download the rescue announcement.
    For information on the above or any other event or to register an email address with parks and recreation for all the latest news at New Garden Park contact Barbara Underwood by email bunderwood@newgarden.org or phone: 610-972-7194.

Bumping this WAY up! I'm still commited to my ponies, but I'd love to be down to one so I could go to a boarding situation. For real....I haven't actually been on a vacation with BF since 1992. Treasure is still fabulous, only more fabulous with hours under saddle. She has a solid W/T/C. I trail ride her often. Since she is living at my place, she only has the opportunity to go out on rides alone. The only thing she lacks is being loaded up and riding elsewhere. Treasure is uncomplicated. She is just a fun mare that would fit in to many situations.