The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Corrcullen and Eventing offspring

Does anyone have any experience with offspring of this stallion? I'm looking at a 6 year old by him but there's very little information out there about him.
    http://www.bullhillfarm.com/pages/BHF_stallion.html

I can't find any other photos of him or offspring. People with offspring...are they brave? Good jumpers?

Thanks in advance!

Default Corrcullen son

I am sorry there isn't more information for you. It is a small breed and there just are not that many out there. Mine was a young approved stallion. He was enthusiastically approved and one of the inspectors tried to get together a syndicate to take him to Ireland thinking he was of the type to do well there. He had many good jumps for the inspection though he was only 3 and that is younger in IDs than most warmbloods. He had 3 good gaits and tons of charisma. Unfortunately we lost him in the first year after purchasing him and he was ill so we didn't get any offspring or a chance for training. We have some frozen collected(of my stallion) before he began steroid therapy and we will thoroughly trial that this year. Corrcullen himself was out eventing at clinics and I believe had at least one outing at Prelim. but they didn't have a lot of money to keep him out. He is on the more leggy sport horse type but my stallion was pretty substantial so he can throw substance and ID type off the right mare. I have seen photos of several Corrcullens and liked them but don't know how much training they rec'd. PatO