The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pedigree critique

Would anyone that knows TB pedigrees mind telling me if this one is any good for eventing? I am thinking of buying an OTTB in the future, and I have a friend that wants me to consider his horse.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/simple+punch

Two Punch is a very good sire for event horses. There are a lot of his offspring (or out of his daughters) running around in this area.

Dam line isn't bad either. Deputy Commander and Lyphard....both good sires.

Horse should run and jump....and probably be a decent mover!

But regardless of pedigree...look at the horse in front of you. But nothing on his pedigree would send me running the other way!
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

I have loved every Two Punch horse that I have seen/worked with because they have pure athletic ability and typically have good minds. It is a line that we get excited about in ottb's.

What Jleegriffith says, but do look at the horse. I am half owner of one and full owner of another that are half brothers who are both athletic, but have totally different temperaments.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

The Two Punch offspring I have known are HEAVENLY. Kind, generous, talented. That does not mean the one you're looking at will be too. Look at the horse in front of you, think about pedigree later.

BTW, where IS this horse? Are you really sure YOU should have it? ;-)
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

CANTER MA has one right now and he is lovely. He is down in NC so maybe PM Fairweather and see if/when he is available. I know they showed him off in the CANTER showcase last week. Gorgeous and can move!

The one that I sold was named Top Punch and he retired from racing as a 12yr. He went immediately to foxhunting with my friend and is she is now whipping in on him. Super duper cool horse! Could have done any career. Her huntsman also just purchased, Triple Punch, another Two Punch horse and he went right to hunting like he had been doing it forever.

Ok, you were supposed to say that his pedigree really sucks and I should run away.

I have no room for him atm, and I really have to get fit before I could do anything with him. He is only 4 though, so he could hang out in the pasture until I am ready.

I haven't seen him yet. He has been living in a 10X20 box, with no turnout. Now, I want to go see him - he is only 10 mins from me. But I need room -- anyone want to free lease an older paint gelding that is sound enough for light riding, suitable for an advanced beginner??