The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul. 7, 2004
    Location
    Scottsville, Virginia
    Posts
    348

    Default Circuit Premier Victory Saddle

    Has anyone tried this saddle? Any comments about it?
    I'm considering it for my 17.2 warmblood with sharkfin withers. I've only sat in it at the tack shop so far so I have no idea if it would fit this horse.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a horse with such high withers? I like all the padding this one has.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr. 22, 2006
    Posts
    837

    Default

    I don't have an answer but I was interested in info on this saddle also.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb. 12, 2012
    Location
    Ithaca
    Posts
    307

    Default

    I have the circuit elite...i love that one...fits everyone i put it on



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov. 9, 2011
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Just beware of plastics instead of leather on the Dover saddles. Since this is a higher end saddle, maybe more of it will be leather. I had a wonderful Dover Pro when it first came out. Beautiful saddle, comfortable, well balanced, and all leather! After about a year, the tree started squeaking and moving when twisted. I sent it back to be replaced and they sent me back another Pro except within the year I had bought my first saddle, they had switched to using plastic! UGH! I was really disappointed and sold it.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul. 7, 2004
    Location
    Scottsville, Virginia
    Posts
    348

    Default bump

    anyone try it?



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct. 26, 2007
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    5,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeanCounterPony View Post
    Just beware of plastics instead of leather on the Dover saddles. Since this is a higher end saddle, maybe more of it will be leather. I had a wonderful Dover Pro when it first came out. Beautiful saddle, comfortable, well balanced, and all leather! After about a year, the tree started squeaking and moving when twisted. I sent it back to be replaced and they sent me back another Pro except within the year I had bought my first saddle, they had switched to using plastic! UGH! I was really disappointed and sold it.
    Plastic? Where? What? The saddle wasn't leather? I think ALL Dover saddles are ALL leather... unless you are talking about the contents of the foam panels.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan. 23, 2000
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,084

    Default

    I think she is referring to the fact that the leather on many dover saddles is so stiff and plastic-y that they're practically plastic.
    ---
    They're small hearts.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct. 26, 2007
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    5,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I think she is referring to the fact that the leather on many dover saddles is so stiff and plastic-y that they're practically plastic.
    Gotcha. I went to the Dover store in CO a few months ago and touched and sat in most of the circuit saddles. They seemed decent for the price, none struck me as stiff and plasticy.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan. 23, 2000
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,084

    Default

    When I was shopping a year and a half or so ago, I was totally not impressed. Nor with the quality of the ones I'd seen prior - although apparently the older ones are quite nice. Maybe they improved them?
    ---
    They're small hearts.



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan. 6, 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,429

    Default

    I have one that is almost ten years old. It looks amazing. Has not worn too much through all the abuse I have done to it. I got it for $400 on closeout and I am about to sell it for $550.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov. 9, 2011
    Posts
    348

    Default

    well when I received my new Pro, almost the entire thing was plastic. Its tricky to see because it mimics grain leather but it wouldn’t absorb oil. On closer look, it was definitely plastic. The knee roll was "buffalo leather" but the rest of the flat was not. The skirt, seat, twist, pommel were leather. I think the billets were leather but the rest of the sweat flap and the panels were plastic. I was not impressed and extremely displeased. If I had wanted a plastic saddle, I would have bought a wintec. This was about 3 years ago so perhaps the Dover saddles have increased in quality again. The older ones were quite nice.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb. 26, 2007
    Location
    Bronx, NY/Atlanta, GA/Fort Dodge, IA
    Posts
    3,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeanCounterPony View Post
    well when I received my new Pro, almost the entire thing was plastic. Its tricky to see because it mimics grain leather but it wouldn’t absorb oil. On closer look, it was definitely plastic. The knee roll was "buffalo leather" but the rest of the flat was not. The skirt, seat, twist, pommel were leather. I think the billets were leather but the rest of the sweat flap and the panels were plastic. I was not impressed and extremely displeased. If I had wanted a plastic saddle, I would have bought a wintec. This was about 3 years ago so perhaps the Dover saddles have increased in quality again. The older ones were quite nice.
    I promise you that it was not plastic - just really craptastic leather, which is why I stopped recommending Circuit saddles. I had previously owned two of the older ones, which were quite nice, but the more recent ones were terrible.

    That said, I took a look at the new ones (the Premier line), and they are much improved over the crappy ones. Of course, they're new enough that I have no idea how they wear, but I would be willing to give one a try and would likely recommend one to someone looking in that budget. The one in which I sat was quite nice.
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul. 7, 2004
    Location
    Scottsville, Virginia
    Posts
    348

    Default

    hmmm... plastic? ... I'm going to have to take a closer look at the saddle again then. $1100 may not be a lot of money for a saddle but it is still too much money for a plastic anything.
    Are there any wool flocked saddles still out there these days or is that a thing of the past?



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug. 8, 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coco21 View Post
    I like all the padding this one has.
    Do you mean rider padding? Or padding in the panels for horsey comfort? or something else? I'm interested in these saddles too for my horse with high withers/dippy back. Current saddle slips back no matter what I do.



Similar Threads

  1. Update page 2!: Circuit Premier Special EQ Saddle - thoughts?
    By RolyPolyPony in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Nov. 25, 2012, 05:59 PM
  2. Dover Circuit Premier Special Saddle - Anyone?
    By alterknowbetter in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Apr. 7, 2012, 09:50 AM
  3. Circuit Premier Victory RTF Saddle
    By KMLWakeLaw in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar. 14, 2012, 12:33 PM
  4. New Circuit Premier Saddles From Dover
    By p3rfection in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jul. 15, 2011, 11:59 AM
  5. Thoughts on the new Premier Circuit saddles?
    By mcohen416@ufl.edu in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar. 2, 2011, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness