The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Indoor/outdoor or barn home needed for VERY friendly cat! (Baltimore MD)

Rudy is a former tomcat who was quite the Cassanova in my neighborhood... he is now neutered, vaccinated, tested, dewormed, and microchipped, but has made it pretty clear he does NOT want to be a purely indoor cat!

So he is looking for either a barn or an indoor/outdoor home. He seems pretty good with other cats, and not *too* worried by dogs (although the dogs would obviously need to be cat-safe and they would need to be introduced gradually). He's quite gregarious and friendly and would probably love a busy boarding barn situation! Or, would be happy to be indoor/outdoor so he can sleep in your lap when he wants, but take off to explore the great outdoors when the mood strikes.

I've just started letting him out of his crate to mingle with the rest of my menagerie, so I haven't had the opportunity to get many photos yet... but he's a very handsome ticked brown tabby with white.

Happy to deliver within 2 hours or so of Baltimore! If he is going to be a barn cat, he will need to be kept in a crate for about 2 weeks at his new home, so he can get acclimated. (And I have a crate I can lend out for this purpose.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0863.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	35236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0865.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	35237   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0896.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	35238  

No wonder he had all the ladies. So cute! I wish I could take him and the other one you listed but I'm at 10 barn cats...people keep dropping them off and I keep getting them spayed/neutured.

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Jess, I ordinarily have pretty good luck finding barns through COTH, so if you get too full, try that route. I almost always have some crates to loan out if needed!

Original Poster

Giving Rudy another bump... he's a really great cat who is super-affectionate! He can be a bit "studly" at times toward other cats (some growling and hissing), but nothing major. Boy, does he want outside, though.

Not sure if this will be a help but I had a few people inquire about my indoor/outdoor hunter guy.. might be worth a shot to see if they ever filled their kitty vacancies?

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=343926

Beautiful kitty! I hope he finds a new spot soon!

Erin, I need a cat to live in my upper barn, which has been invaded by pigeons!

We are in Unison...pretty quiet here, though there are people about the neighborhood.

Original Poster

Darnit, I thought I had notifications set up on this thread! M. O'Connor, I'll send you an email a little later... I'm about to run out for the evening.

Default Does Rudy Have a Home?

I'm looking for a barn cat in Middleburg, VA -- the mice are becoming quite brazen, and my Golden Retriever just isn't keeping them in check :-). Does Rudy have a home yet, or is he still looking for a family?