The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Just about a month and a half til my Mighty Magic baby is (supposed to get) here!!!

The random jumping up and down and squeeling in public places is starting to show up now and then. My fingernails have already been bitten down to nothing. Foal halters and creep feeders have been purchased. The insurance policy is all paid up and in gear (so I am at least getting some sleep at night). Can you tell this is the first foal I've bred myself????

Anyone else have a Mighty baby on the way or one the ground?

Anyone else have any baby almost here and getting excited?

My daughter is in Germany and rides Mighty Magic. She is enjoying getting to know him as we are breeding a mare to him this season.

Mighty Magic is ridden by Andreas Dibowski ?!
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    Filly Londontime - Sandro Hit - Rouletto
    http://youtu.be/1O23BeiKpkY

Yes he is. My daughter is working for Andreas this year, so she rides MM as well as other horses in his string.

"Anyone else have a Mighty baby on the way or one the ground?

Anyone else have any baby almost here and getting excited?"

Oh yes! My MM foal should born at the end of April Dam is Walt Disney I-Lemon xx.

Have a 2 year old by him and another due in May from my Riverman mare

I can hardly wait for ours even if it isn't in the oven yet!

Have one due on Friday - think she is going to be overdue , another one due early May.
    www.clearbluefarm.com - a work in progress

Default Excited for ALL of you MM foal expecting mothers !!!

Excited for ALL of you expecting

Pictures please as soon as the little ones arrive
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Mine is overdue now, so will be glad to see it. Extra special as out of a homebred mare who was the only filly we had out of a homebred mare we had to have put down last year.

ive got my maiden (and love of my life)in foal to Apiro at 334 days today. she doesnt look like shes having it any time soon either :/ (hoping for a COLT!) this will be my first foal experience as well-my nails a bitten to nubs, im losing sleep, bought entirely too much stuff that im sure i will find useless... spent the last month cleaning the mommy field-trimming branches, picking up rocks,baby proofing fences and gates re-seeding, etc. I built them what we affectionately call the 'Taj MaStall'- a palatial 14x28 with 2 automatic waterers. and now i just wait, with no sleep...

Please please do share pics when they are on the ground.
    He is on our short short list for our Cruising mare.
    Kannan, Mighty, Kannan, Mighty......still stuck.

Bumping this back up to see the MM babies

Quote Originally Posted by silanac View Post
    I built them what we affectionately call the 'Taj MaStall'
    I didn't breed to this stallion, but I love this quote! Whenever I've had preggos in the barn we call it the "Princess Palace" as the mares are royally spoiled.
    "...That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear." --Stephen King

Here MM colt, picture 3 months old
    <http://www.sukuposti.net/hevoset/mighty-ruler/galleria/636508>

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth Callahan View Post
    Have a 2 year old by him and another due in May from my Riverman mare
    I am interested in Mighty Magic for my Holsteiner mare because of his high percentage of TB blood, but I'm reluctant to breed to him because of reports that he throws heavier than his TB-infused pedigree would suggest. Elizabeth, I seem to remember this being a comment you made about your MM baby, but you were obviously sufficiently impressed with the foal to breed back to him. Are you breeding this time to a mare with more TB blood, or are you hoping for a similar result to your previous MM foal even if it MM didn't refine as much as you had expected?

Quote Originally Posted by *Tradewind* View Post
    I am interested in Mighty Magic for my Holsteiner mare because of his high percentage of TB blood, but I'm reluctant to breed to him because of reports that he throws heavier than his TB-infused pedigree would suggest. Elizabeth, I seem to remember this being a comment you made about your MM baby, but you were obviously sufficiently impressed with the foal to breed back to him. Are you breeding this time to a mare with more TB blood, or are you hoping for a similar result to your previous MM foal even if it MM didn't refine as much as you had expected?
    I've found that with my foal, and with other MM foals that I've known, that he actually refines mares. I bred to a heavier, thicker mare and I got a leggy, much more refined colt. All the MM I've seen have been more refined.

I'm trilled with my guy - so much so that I'm thinking of breeding another mare to him next year.

This is my guy at about five month old. I made the album public so you should be able to see it.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1061893&type=3

Tradewind,
    The filly I had this year is out of a 1/2 TB mare by Riverman. She is finer than my colt, but hard to say if it is due to being a filly or because the mare is taller and more refined than my other mare. Her neck could have a higher neckset and unfortunately, she has 1 very offset knee, which neither the mare's other foals nor my other MM has. Both of the mares I bred are 1/2 TB
    My 2 yr old MM gelding has been started and the trainer reports he has one hell of a jump and has been really easy to deal with. Told me he should be an event horse ( yay!). I am picking him up next week and can show you pics if you are interested, as well as the filly. Just send me your email
    I did not expect a lot of refinement in any case, due to what the breeders in Germany have said., but my first MM is going to be a substantial horse. You'll hear me coming xc!

Quote Originally Posted by qimma View Post
    Here MM colt, picture 3 months old
    <http://www.sukuposti.net/hevoset/mighty-ruler/galleria/636508>
    Lovely! That's a beautiful and powerful looking colt.