The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

North of the Frozen Tundra, but I can see it from my house.

Default Need non-slip dressage pad suggestions pls.

I am looking for a non-slip pad for my lovely but round mare. I have a non-slip pad that is placed under the pad, but I would prefer one that is one unit; a pad with the non-slip component a part of the underside. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Barnsby non-slip pad. I have three, love them. Best price seems to be Smartpak.

These have the waffle stuff on the bottom side and two padded nonslip "panels" on top to keep all parts where they belong
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

During my non-slip pad hunt the hands down winner was the Ecogold frictionless pad. I got a new saddle and didn't need one but man...they get 10 out of 5 stars from what people say!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

Quote Originally Posted by Keg-A-Bacchus View Post
    During my non-slip pad hunt the hands down winner was the Ecogold frictionless pad. I got a new saddle and didn't need one but man...they get 10 out of 5 stars from what people say!
    Yes, this! ^^ I love my Ecogold pads.

Eco Gold. Now I want to try the half pad, because I am in love with my trainers non slip dressage pad.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Success Equestrian. I like these pads because it has grip on both the top and bottom sides of the pad. Plus they are really traditional looking. www.successequestrian.com. If your horse needs extra shock absorption, EquiFit is selling the SE pads with the EquiFit T-Foam. www.equifit.com. I think it's so new, it's not even on the website yet, but it's worth a call.

Check out the EquiFit Non-Slip pad.
    http://www.equifit.net/products/t-fo...n-slip-contour

Non-slip, disperses pressure points, absorbs shock and prevents overheating

Tack of the Day has them right now:

http://www.tackoftheday.com/ProductD...ode=03-21-2012

Not sure if you are looking for this but my thinline pad is "non-slip" and I place it over my schooling pad

Quote Originally Posted by LarkspurCO View Post
    Tack of the Day has them right now:

http://www.tackoftheday.com/ProductD...ode=03-21-2012
    Oh, look. Same pad even cheaper at VTO Saddlery:

http://www.vtosaddlery.com/product/DRESSPAD/SENRDP.htm

EcoGold all the way. I have three of the Secure Dressage Pads! I first bought one, but my horse and I both loved it so much I never wanted to use any of my other pads any more. Now I have it in black, white AND blue!!!

What's especially cool is that you don't even need billet straps. There's nonslip on the underside against the horse to keep it all from slipping, then also non-sip right under the panels of the saddle to keep the pad in place under the saddle. Voila, perfectly clean appearance without straps! Brilliant

North of the Frozen Tundra, but I can see it from my house.

Thanks for the replies. I put an order in to VTO for the Equifit. There is a non slip dressage pad at Amazon, the virtual mega-mart of everything. It was under $30, but is shaped, not square (shaped is a bit nicer on a hot day). Has anybody tried that one?

http://www.amazon.com/Dressage-Fleec...2368377&sr=8-1
    Last edited by Carol O; Mar. 21, 2012 at 07:20 PM.

I've had good luck with just sticking some cabinet lining between my saddle and saddle pad, and voila- no more slippage! This kind- http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/3125...c8436d933955c8

Quote Originally Posted by cadance View Post
    I've had good luck with just sticking some cabinet lining between my saddle and saddle pad, and voila- no more slippage! This kind- http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/3125...c8436d933955c8

Cut that into saddle-shaped pieces and sell them for $50 each as the "Ultimate Breathable Non-Slip Pad."

I bought some of that stuff to use for some hoof boot application but instead ended up using it to make bumpers in my horse trailer for hauling my weanling.

I purchased one of the Success no-slip pads, and while it works quite well in that respect, I was disappointed in the substance of the pad. It is quite thin, and after working for 45 minutes in an 80 degree day, the whole pad was wet. I won't buy another one.

Like that Eco Gold Succeed pad, but I'm a bit too cheap to spend $165 on a pad; I cringed at $120 for the Barnsbys.
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........