The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Nutrition Thoughts... Tiki Cat Canned Food

I figured there might be people here who know more about cat nutrition than I do...

A few weeks ago my cat lost a 'fang' ( for lack of a better word ) in what I assume to be a tragic hoodie drawstring incident. She got a little shy about her dry food afterwards so we went and got her some canned food.

Shopping around the farm store, I grabbed some cans of Iams Light but, in looking around, I found the Tiki Cat line which appeared from basic label reading, lighter than the light food. This is good because Wally cat is a fatty and I worry about her.

So we bought it and she LOVES it, as in, she learned the word "can" loved it. I also noticed she was much more playful (exercise is good for fatty kitty!) and her coat in the 10 days got very shiny and she's not shedding hardly at all. She's also less hungry and with a half can once a day is no longer glutting herself on dry food (Iams Indoor Weight Control).

What are people's thoughts on this product? For my fatty catty's needs? I don't trust online reviews anymore because you wonder how much of it the company is putting out there.

Tiki is good stuff! I would love to feed more of it, but it is expensive for four. I use it for my sickies, when they don't want to eat anything else.