The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by alveoli View Post
    so encouraging!! thanks for the replies.

Dune can you elaborate?

I've had the issue too with my guy that in the lengthenings and medium trot he looked like he was just holding back a bit....the physical therapist indicates this is because he lacked confidence in his balance due to his front feet being NQR. Canter never seemed to be a issue though. He got these Friday, had the weekend to get used to them and today I will lunge(no side reins) and ride long and low just to see how he feels US in them. Wednesday we get back to work and I'll have a better idea. Does anyone have opinions on how long it should take a horse to get comfortable in these? am I overanalyzing?
    When we tried them we had mixed results. Nothing earth shattering. Were very difficult to work with and to keep ON the horses. We either ended up going to just barefoot, back to shoes or horses were just not sound again. Probably useful in some instances, but definitely not the 2nd coming or anything like that.

confirmed with SUPER lesson today. Range of gaits greatly improved and horse finally looks happy in his work. For the first time ever the horse is balanced on all 4 feet and demonstrated a truer medium trot

There is a lot of mention here regarding the high cost of these...in my area 4 steel with clips and front pads ran $280. These eponas with equicast behind ran $230 so cost is not going to be an issue here.

I'm noticing a pattern in forums I've posted this in:
    farriers who work exclusively with steel give them luke warm if not negative reviews
    farriers who use these give them positve reviews
    trimmers give these super reviews
    horse owners give these super reviews
    Last edited by alveoli; Mar. 23, 2012 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alveoli View Post
    confirmed with SUPER lesson today. Range of gaits greatly improved and horse finally looks happy in his work. For the first time ever the horse is balanced on all 4 feet and demonstrated a truer medium trot
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble