The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Solace and ShowTime Bridles from DE

I am in the market for a double and was checking out what's available from Dressage Extensions. The have a whole line of ShowTime bridles and a couple Solace ones. I have never heard of either of these. Does anyone have either of these or have any experience with them? Just wondering what the quality of the leather is, etc. My snaffle is a very nice Kieffer that I got from DE and I was thinking about picking up the Weymouth version of it. I am trying to stay under $300.

ETA: Also came across a nice looking Sommer double. Any info on those?

The ShowTime line is from the same company that makes the more expensive Royal Oak line for them. They are USA-made and the ST is machine finished while the RO is hand finished, thus the price difference. I think the Solace are India-made.

The ST/RO leather is thicker (they describe it as "beefier") than the thinner German leather. It's not butter-soft leather but will obviously wear well over time and seems pretty durable.
    Last edited by Dogsandponies; Mar. 18, 2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: forgot something

Is the Show time line the same as Jerry's Showtime or different brand?

Thumbs up Showtime=Jerry's

The Showtime bridles are made by Jerry's Harness Shop. I have a drop noseband bridle I ordered from Jerry's. It is the best value for my money, IMHO. The leather is first quality and it has softened up wonderfully. Love the bridle and will order more in the future.
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"