The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spring Fragrance (perfume) thread

I know there are some perfume lovers on here, so I thought we could have a discussion about what we have, what we want, what is coming out, and help each other find fragrance bliss.

My current collection:
    Jimmy Choo
    Michael Kors Very Hollywood
    Victoria's Secret Noir Tease
    Chanel Chance Eau Tendre
    YSL Parisienne
    Gucci Flora
    Coach Signature
    DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
    Givenchy Very Irresistible
    Bulgari Pour Femme
    Chanel Coco
    Guerlain L'Heure Bleue

I feel like my collection is in desperate need of Chanel No 19 (the EDP), but I don't know that I want to order the 3.4 bottle, which is the only way to get it.

Gucci has an expansion on the flora line, with all different garden scents for spring, and I am eager to get my hands on a bottle of the Generous Violet.

I also have taken a liking to the Bulgari Omnia Coral, but I have yet to spring for it.

What are you ladies (or guys) liking?

I just bought the big bottle of Burberry Weekend EDP

The Cave of Caerbannog in summer, Castle Aaaargh in winter

Eau de Cartier.

I was looking for something light, and the Cartier rep told me this is the one that she sells to a lot of doctors and dentists because they want something that smells clean.

15 minutes after you spray it on it smells like you just got out of the shower.

If I need some more drama, it's Bulgari Jasmin Noir. Hubba hubba says hubby.

I like logical people---they provide a nice contrast to the real world.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

I have:

LaCoste Femme (at home unfortunately because the bottle is leaking!)
    some random thing from Anthropologie which I don't know what I was thinking when I purchased because I don't like it
    L'Occitane The Verte for daily use (which I love, though it sounds weird it is surprisingly refreshingly spring-y)

When I have money I'm going to buy one of the Hermes perfumes, either the Mediterranean or Jardin. I love YSL Parisiene, but so does my sister, and I can't have the same as her!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

This year I've moved to all natural perfumes and am wearing Ko -- it's jasmine and neroli. Very nice fragrance although not complex. The only downside is that it has low silage, but I carry it with me and just reapply!
    Equine Ink - My soapbox for equestrian writings & reviews.
    EquestrianHow2 - Operating instructions for your horse.

The only fragrance that doesn't give me a headache in spring/summer is White Linen by Estee Lauder.

I have Hermès' Un Jardin Après la Mousson, barely used, if anyone wants it, just PM me and I'll send it to you.

I don't wear perfume. Sometimes I feel guilty and try to buy some but I never like the scents on me, for some reason.
    I also had the Jardin de Méditerranée by Hermès and gave it away as well.

Years ago I had Cristalle by Chanel, and that was ok, but then someone else had it too and I don't like this person, so I quit wearing it.

I'll stick with Clarins' Eau Ressourçante. Not really a fragrance, more of a light, fresh, feel-good scent.

I may be allergic...some perfumes give me headaches, even if I'm not the one wearing them!
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

[QUOTE=sophie;6202405}Years ago I had Cristalle by Chanel, and that was ok, but then someone else had it too and I don't like this person, so I quit wearing it.

I may be allergic...some perfumes give me headaches, even if I'm not the one wearing them![/QUOTE]

SISTER! I still get queasy if I smell Chanel No.5 or Shalimar. It comes from my mother coming into my room to check on sick little me before going to work. My sister loves No.5 and scents like that, and I can predict with good accuracy which scents she'd like when I browse at the counters. Blech.

I used to love Isse Miyake until I smelled it on someone I didn't like. Into the trash it went when I found myself thinking of her everytime I applied it.

The last scent I bought was Aqua di Gio, but I smelled the men's version recently and love it way more. Though I don't bother with perfume much anymore since I found out 2 yrs. into our relationship that DH has a very poor sense of smell. and all the care I took to smell good for him was WASTED

Has anyone tried the Fresh fragrances?
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by saddleup View Post
    The only fragrance that doesn't give me a headache in spring/summer is White Linen by Estee Lauder.
    I second that! Strong perfumes in the heat & humidity of Virginia's spring/summer/early fall make me ill, but "White Linen" is always fresh & light. Love the White Linen Perfumed Body Creme as well - not heavy, greasy, or over-scented. Estee Lauder used to have a White Linen product that they unfortunately no longer produce - a "liquid talc". Man, I used to use that stuff by the gallon. Kept it in the fridge, & on a hot day after a shower, that stuff was dynamite. It went on like an alcohol rub, but dried with a light talc finish. Really terrific in the summer. In fact, if we were going to the beach & then dinner afterwards, I used to bring it with me.

For winter I do like something a bit stronger, & for that I've been using Calvin Klein's "Escape" since it first came out. Stronger than "White Linen", but still not too strong.

Really love flowerbomb, stays strong and just a good smell. I'm a fan of some florals but many make me gag. Also like fresh clean scents can't beat it. Citrus bases also make me like some but others are too strong and you smell like mr clean.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

LOVE Vanillary from Lush, also Island (the blue one) Michael Kors. I used to wear one of the Maison de la Vanille's perfumes (can't remember which one--maybe the Madagascar) but Sephora stopped selling it so I no longer had a source.

Yes, I am totally obsessed with vanilla!

Speaking of perfumes - does anyone remember the 1960's/1970's when "musk" was the "in" fragrance? There must have been at least a dozen different versions, from inexpensive to pricey, on the market. And another two I remember that I was quite fond of as a young teenager - the "Love" cosmetics line that had two scents - "Eau de Love" & "Love Lemon".

I used to love Love's Fresh Lemon! I found it at FragranceNet but only in a little bottle-doesnt smell as good as it used to, and it doesnt last long at all, but it never did -cheap, which is why all us little girls bought it. That and Love's Baby Soft, but that reminded me of doody diapers.

Ah, Jovan Musk...and patchouli!

I'd love to just smell like lemon
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

Does anyone still make a carnation scent, or if a blend, at least one that is predominantly carnation? I used to love Ouiellet Mignardise (not sure I spelled that right, my degree in French was many years ago) by Roger Gallet. In the US market I think they labeled it as Blue Carnation.
    ETA, does anyone besides me remember the Coty Sweet Earth? It was in a compact rather than a liquid, could be dabbed on. I loved it because it reminded me of freshly cut hay.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle View Post
    LOVE Vanillary from Lush, also Island (the blue one) Michael Kors. I used to wear one of the Maison de la Vanille's perfumes (can't remember which one--maybe the Madagascar) but Sephora stopped selling it so I no longer had a source.

Yes, I am totally obsessed with vanilla!
    I love Lush/Gorilla perfumes! I regularly use Vanillary, Orange Blossom, and Rose Jam right now (omg love) and need to replenish Tuca Tuca when I have a chance (i.e., money).

I need a suggestion for a lemony-citrusy perfume or body spray, cause I am not fond of the flowery spicy scents. Help????
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moonriverfarm View Post
    I need a suggestion for a lemony-citrusy perfume or body spray, cause I am not fond of the flowery spicy scents. Help????
    Jo Malone has some great citrus-y scents.

Clinique Happy is a citrus floral.

Happy= not citrus enough. I'm talking fresh squeezed here. Orange blossom mixed with lemon would be nice.:-)
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Happy= not citrus enough. I'm talking fresh squeezed here. Orange blossom mixed with lemon would be nice.:-)
    Jo Malone has a wonderful orange blossom. I'm partial to the French Lime and there is also a super Grapefruit

Not a fan of "Happy" - reminds me of an old boss