The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your favorite/least favorite light beers?

Your favorite/least favorite light beers?

(How is Bud Light Lime?)

Just wondering.

Tx

Favorite beer - Coors Light!

Yuengling light.... I could drink that any day of the year :-)
    Mich ultra is my favorite light light beer if I can't find an amber type ale.
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

Well without a doubt the two best light beers ever created are
    "Skinny Dip" from New Belgian
    http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detai...d-379bf6ddf09a
    (unfortunately no longer available but we can pray they will release it again)

And "Kentucky Light" brewed for the WEG
    http://www.kentuckyale.com/beer/Page...uckyLight.aspx
    Mmmmmm.......I can still taste it!

My everyday choices when desperate are Sam Adams Light and Heineken/Amstel light.

Anxious to hear of any others??

Quote Originally Posted by bits619 View Post
    Yuengling light.... I could drink that any day of the year :-)
    Damnit, another one I can't get in CA. You would think with all the breweries here someone would brew a decent light beer....but no....

You know, I asked this question, because I normally never drink (because it keeps me soooo awake) but I get migraines and I find a bit of alcohol helps the headache.

Question: After half a beer, my appetite (which I'm always trying to suppress) gets crazy. Does anyone else get that? Does it go away as you get more used to alcohol?

Oh, I can never win - awake, migraines, appetite, sigh . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Pony View Post
    Well without a doubt the two best light beers ever created are
    "Skinny Dip" from New Belgian
    http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detai...d-379bf6ddf09a
    (unfortunately no longer available but we can pray they will release it again)

And "Kentucky Light" brewed for the WEG
    http://www.kentuckyale.com/beer/Page...uckyLight.aspx
    Mmmmmm.......I can still taste it!

My everyday choices when desperate are Sam Adams Light and Heineken/Amstel light.

Anxious to hear of any others??
    Oooooh man, New Belgium is my favorite brew company. Fat Tire is my first choice if available. Mellow Mushroom in our town has it on draft, and mrb always knows he'll have to drive us home from dinner there because I will be having two pints (lightweight here!). Yum. I'd love to have tried skinny dip!
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

Quote Originally Posted by bits619 View Post
    Oooooh man, New Belgium is my favorite brew company. Fat Tire is my first choice if available. Mellow Mushroom in our town has it on draft, and mrb always knows he'll have to drive us home from dinner there because I will be having two pints (lightweight here!). Yum. I'd love to have tried skinny dip!
    NB always has a summer beer that is lighter in calories, SD was a light beer though (i think they have to be less than 125?). Last year they released "Somersault" which was also very good but calorie wise just outside the light category.

I buy several cases of their light summer release every summer because it sells out so fast! Keep up on their facebook for the release as it's hard to get and gone fast.

http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detai...8-28ee10cb5c0f

I don't generally like lite beer, and I will usually only drink it when I'm low on cash, and at the bar, lol. Or, if I'm already 5 deep, and can't tell the difference!

I HATE Coors Lite...blech! My boyfriend really like his PBR tall boys and that's what I will drink, if there is nothing else.

Of course, me being broke after being on unemployment, likes the more expensive beer...Unibroue, Magic Hat, Sam Adams, all the beer that sells in 1L bottles.... :-)

^sonoma, I like to call it the "beer munchies." You always end up eating something like bread, chips, pizza, or popcorn. Something all carbs, just to pack on the pounds, lol. You cannot be trusted, and will find yourself snacking without realizing it, haha! :-P
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."

"^sonoma, I like to call it the "beer munchies." You always end up eating something like bread, chips, pizza, or popcorn. Something all carbs, just to pack on the pounds, lol. You cannot be trusted, and will find yourself snacking without realizing it, haha! :-P"

Darn. OK, so I'm not the only one. I was hoping it goes away as you get more used to alcohol - I guess not. (As you can tell, I've never been one to drink at all.)

Yes - the carb thing - absolutely. And I'm always trying to do lots of proteins as I'm an air fern (absorbs calories out of the air it seems).

I do like wine but it gets my stomach a bit upset, whereas beer doesn't.

LOVE Bud Light Lime! But I am making myself drink beer after many years of fruity girly drinks only... so the Bud Light is a nice 'stepping stone' beer for me. I am expanding my taste buds!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

fwiw, Beer doesn't make me hungry at all, after all it is food. Wine and alcohol does make me hungry as it's empty calories. Wine makes me blow up like a balloon.

So it really depends on the person I guess. I drink beer to stay thin, which people think is crazy I suppose but that's how my body works.

Lucky you, PP ! I wish . . .

Quote Originally Posted by sonomacounty View Post
    Lucky you, PP ! I wish . . .
    I wish I could metabolize wine, but I can't. Here I live minutes from Napa, Sonoma and wine simply hates me even though I love the taste. So we all have our crosses to bare!

I can drink about 4-6oz of wine before I make myself sick and blow up like a balloon, so it is reserved for only very special occasions

Corona Light is my favorite

Bud Light Lime is really good, but it's almost more like a lime drink than a beer

Amstel Light if I want a stronger tasting beer

I can't believe I forgot about Corona! That's my fave, and all I wanted to drink in high school-maybe because that was the trainers drink of choice after shows, haha. I like extra lime in mine.
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."

Light beer joke:

Why is light beer like having s*x in a canoe?