The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default USDF/ Perfect World Dressage Challenge

I just cracked open my latest USDF Connection and on page 33 there's an ad for this challenge through Perfect World Dressage and the USDF. It says you can submit videos for judging and recieve USDF credit through 2nd level.
    I have an email out to them to see if those scores can be used for other awards like HOTY, Bronze medals, etc.

Has anyone participated in this? Are your scores showing up on centerlinescores.com?
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

But - does it really count for anything (apart from paying a judge to look at your video)

Their website; http://www.perfectworlddressage.com/

USDF/Perfect World Dressage...

Perfect World Dressage is pleased to announce a new collaboration with the United States Dressage Federation, The USDF/Perfect World Dressage Challenge. This new program allows riders to achieve recognition for their videotaped dressage tests scored on Perfect World Dressage. Riders who apply for and receive their USDF/Perfect World - Dressage Challenge recognition will receive a frame-able quality certificate from the USDF and be recognized as a Dressage Challenge certificate recipient on the United States Dressage Federation website and on the Perfect World Dressage website. Certificate recipients will also receive recognition by having the "Dressage Challenge" medal for each level earned placed on their Perfect World Dressage profile page.

We welcome you to accept "The Challenge," no trailer or show clothes required, to see what you and your horse can achieve in a Perfect World! To learn more go to: http://www.perfectworlddressage.com/...ition-info.php
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

That is a very promising idea. It could really help people who are out in the far-flung reaches to get a solid foundation affordably.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

Just heard back from the website, and they said:
    No, scores earned on PWD count only toward the USDF PWD Challenge Awards, not for any other USDF awards or recognition programs.

Probably still useful though.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

I am actually really interested in doing it. My horse still goes "Race? Gallop cross country? Flip the heck out?!" when we go new places. Yes, I'm working on that, and we're improving... But barring a nice track to gallop him on for an hour to get him to relax (the secret to his good dressage scores as an eventer) I'd love the chance to be reviewed by real judges doing the kind of work we do at home, to see if we are where we think we are.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

How awesome would it be if something like this would count towards a bronze medal. The cost of USDF shows arent preventing me from getting my medals. Id gladly pay the show fees. Its the whole 'not owning a horse, getting to the show kinda thing'. I have tons of videos from schooling shows and from practice at home where Ive borrowed a horse.

I truly love the idea that the USDF is recognizing the efforts of the every day dressage rider. I do, however, have reservations that these online shows should go toward USDF regular awards. The reason that I think this is because the horse is not truly tested outside of its own environment. Obedience, even under pressure, is an important element of dressage training. Otherwise, drugging the horse should be legal, should it not?

Quote Originally Posted by PiaffePlease View Post
    How awesome would it be if something like this would count towards a bronze medal. The cost of USDF shows arent preventing me from getting my medals. Id gladly pay the show fees. Its the whole 'not owning a horse, getting to the show kinda thing'. I have tons of videos from schooling shows and from practice at home where Ive borrowed a horse.
    There's probably far too much opportunity for abuse. For instance - you'd have to prove it was you, and the identity of the horse, and that he/she was free of chemicals. It's probably best that it counts for nothing, then nobody is tempted to cheat.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    There's probably far too much opportunity for abuse. For instance - you'd have to prove it was you, and the identity of the horse, and that he/she was free of chemicals. It's probably best that it counts for nothing, then nobody is tempted to cheat.
    yeah, I agree, you could have your trainer ride and claim its you, or even steal a youtube video of someone you dont know and claim its you. You could also use the same ride for different shows. It would be hard to keep track. So, I guess it would only be cool for those who wouldnt abuse it, but theres no way to track that.