The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Default Canby Tack Sale-Any COTH'rs Going?

I am going to be "manning" a booth at Saturday's Canby (Oregon) Tack sale. I wondered if any other COTH'rs would be shopping? I'd love to meet up with you.

I think our booth will be in the main arena near the Kerrits booth. Come by and see both me and Lurker (who mostly posts on the eventing forum).
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Of course!

We're definitely stopping at the Kerrits booth, and I've already got a list going of items to look for elsewhere.

A word to the wise - when I was hosting a booth last fall, they let folks in at 7:30 instead of 8. So arrive early!

I'd love to meet a few new COTH'ers!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

I wish!! I love going to the Canby tack sale, but obviously haven't been able to go the past two years because I'm approximately 800 miles away.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Oh, yay! I've always wanted to meet you, Heinz57. Bunch of eventers will be at my booth (Lurker is one of "you guys"), and her trainer will have stuff for sale.

We have tons of bits, hunt coats, clothes, boots, and all that stuff you just don't need 3 of!

Yeah, the lady who got us involved is having us get there around 6:30, after she gets her tables and whatnot set up for us. I'll dress warm, have lots of change in small bills, and prepare to make some deals. I'll most likely have on a pale green Kerrits coat with a cream scarf wrapped around my neck. It is COLD in there!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Not this time, we are at the Horse Expo in Albany.Our Clyde filly is in the breed showcase this year...

I'll keep an eye out for you, Calvin! I'll most likely be 'in disguise'... I usually have on a seriously worn tan corduroy coat and a black hat with my Lucchese's. More cowgirl, less eventer-looking than you'd expect!

Sounds like you may have some goodies I need.

This will be my first time...previous years we've had a mini schooling show, but it's been discontinued. I'll be on the prowl for pony/mini driving stuff.
    They're not miniatures, they're concentrates.

Born tongue-in-cheek and foot-in-mouth

Sad to say, nope. On the wrong end of the state...
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Our barn has a space. Our trainer's wife is decluttering the tack room, so we'll have lots to sell! Hoping for a dry day!

I'm even bringing help along (SO Heinz wants to go!) to carry.