The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Horze finally available in U.S.!

The Finnish company Horze is finally shipping straight to the U.S.! Yay!!! No more having to go through out-of-country middle men to buy things! And to kick things off, everything is on sale at 30% off through April and free shipping on all orders through end of March.

www.horze.com

Am I the only one who naturally pronounces horze as whores?

I don't doubt they have some nice stuff, but I would not want it in big letters across my shirt.

Nope. I read the OP title and thought -- haven't whores always been available in the US?
    ...somewhere between the talent and the potato....

There are some really cute clothes on the site! Anyone know how the sizes run? It seems like European sizing is always a little bit more accurate (no, American outlets, I really shouldn't be a size small ). But when you click on the sizing chart, it goes to a chart with 4 selections that do not include boots or tops.

You too?

LBR
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own- Adam Savage

R.I.P Ron Smith, you'll be greatly missed

PNW english sizes are 4 bigger so an american 16 is a uk 20. Not sure if that helps.

LBR
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own- Adam Savage

R.I.P Ron Smith, you'll be greatly missed

Such cute stuff!! But I can't get the shopping cart to work??
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!

Just south of the Arctic Circle...seriously

Oooh, such pretty patterned breeches. I wonder if the zips in the back pockets would chew up my saddle, though?

I'm tempted to buy my boy some wild colored fetlock and tendon boots for schooling.
    “Thoroughbreds are the best. They’re lighter, quicker, and more intelligent.” -George Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Wholehearted View Post
    Oooh, such pretty patterned breeches. I wonder if the zips in the back pockets would chew up my saddle, though?
    I have several pairs of Animo breeches with zip back pockets and haven't ever had them touch my saddle, let alone hurt it. So I think you'd be fine (not that I'm trying to enable you or anything ).

Wow, lots of COOL looking stuff.. and some really good prices....

Hum, I am usually SO frugal... but I did just get a promotion and raise at work....

I have a turnout blanket from them for my stallion that I absolutely love!!! Not only does it fit him (which is hard) but it has held up for two seasons now (I have never had a blanket make it through even one winter, not because he tears them up but he is normally wintered out with the colts and they just play hard) It still looks great. Now I just have to figure out the sizing and everyone will have one for next year!!!
    Proud owner of Smoke's Ace 2003 APHA stallion
    Member of the Standardbreds with Saddles Clique!

Horze stuff is available in New Zealand and I hate to be a downer but the Horze stuff I've bought and seen has been really not great quality. There's not much of a market for high end equestrian gear in NZ and Horze stuff is even at the lower end of things. Having said that I've never tried their clothes for people, I've only had experience with equine clothing such as coolers, turn-out rugs, rain sheets and brushing boots.

Perhaps they only bring a limited selection here, I'll be interested to know what others experiences overseas are with Horze products.

Ah. I was all excited with about twenty tabs open on my phone browser.... Then I looked at the sizing chart. Searching for my tape measure now but I don't think they have anything left in my size.

Man, bummmmmmer! I was picturing all the nice breeches... Sigh.
    MrB's attempt at talking like a horse person, "We'll be entering in the amateur hunter-gatherer division...."

OK... Anyone know what sizing guide they're actually using on the breeches?? Some, most, are listed as 22-34 which are the US sizes.... I think.
    If I get a US 34,I'm golden. If they give me some funky euro 34,one leg will fit in the waist.
    MrB's attempt at talking like a horse person, "We'll be entering in the amateur hunter-gatherer division...."

Really - Horze just making it direct to USA???? I have a bit of Horze gear - some years old and not my favourite brand but they do tend to fit.

MArengo - Dont know where you shop in NZ but there is a huge market (for a small country ) for hiqh quality stuff. We have a lot of it available to be custom-made . If you are having trouble sourcing good stuff - well Wellington Equestrian, Spurs, Canterbury (and now Auckland) Equestrian and "The Tack Shop" usually have upper-echelon (as well as lower echelon) stuff available. And what about
    Barry's Place in Pauatahanui?? (Now sadly not run by gay old Barry as he died recently ). That is/was an equestrienne heaven! Rock up with your horse and you and leave fully kitted out with a saddle, bridle, boots (you and pony) rugs etc - and no ordering in as he had every size immaginable readily available.

Default Sizes and measurements

FYI, on the sizing charts for breeches, it gives waist and inseam measurements in cm's. Simply divide by 2.5 to get the equivalent in inches.

Anyone know if they still have that awesome soft shell? Or am I thinking of another brand? I remember it on the affordable soft shell coat thread from a while ago but I can't actually *find* the thread...

ETA: nevermind. Apparently it's still only available in Europe.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

I saw this stuff at the PA Horse World Expo... I wasn't impressed with the quality of it.

And the spelling also made me pronounce it like "whores" ... that plus the low quality was a turnoff for me.
    www.hogbackhillfarm.com

If I am remembering correctly Horseloverz has been selling Horze products for a while now here in the US.

ETA: http://www.horseloverz.com/m-Horze-443.html
    ~Soft hands, Strong legs, Quiet mind~

I had two horze turnouts I got on sale at an expo - I was NOT impressed with either.

One the front buckle broke off and it ripped at a couple of spots as well - in the first few months of use.

the other was supposed to be a turnout and was NOT water proof at all! my poor boy was sopping wet under it.... I would not buy another one from them...

I do like the fleece sheet I got from them though... but it's not something that gets heavily used either....