The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dogs belly growling and gurgling super loud.

About a week or so ago, I noticed that my 9 year old JRT mix was making alot of belly noise I've never noticed before. (and I'm talking I can hear his belly and he's across the room) It seems to only happen in the early morning. He eats twice a day, only gets about 3/4 cup of Blue Buffalo twice a day and looks great. He was prone to being thin before but this food has added some weight on even that little amount. He eats anywhere from 3:30-6p, depending on who gets home first...then in the morning, he eats about 6:30... Is this just his belly getting hungry? Just a weird "dog is getting older" and making different noises? He's up to date on all his shots, never had any issues, normal appetite, normal water intake etc.... Goes for shots in May, will mention it and probably have them look at me like I'm crazy lol.
    Kerri

My dog has a rumbly tummy too and it never indicates that he is sick or anything. Just sometimes he's loud.

As long as he's not throwing up- I wouldn't worry about it. You could try giving him a small treat before bed and that might help him last till morning.