The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1989

Finders, please post pix of the resqued cookies so we can see how well they are doing. Are they ready for adoption yet?

As far as marinade of choice......BOSS Brine of course!

OK - spill the beans about the latest Harry Potter....who died? Is it true Harry will die in the next one? She said she's left plenty of clues in this book's last last chapter about the final book.

*smacks self in forehead* Of course!! How could I have forgotten BOSS Brine! I think I'll throw in a beet pulp salad as well, and maybe some flax seed cookies.

As far as Harry Potter: I don't want to spoil the book for anyone here reading it, but I'd be happy to PT you with the details. Let me know how much you want to know!
    Cucumbers, how prejudicial!

I can cook anything and make it taste like nothing.

Well there are no FSC's ready for adoption just yet. We lost a few more, but the majority thrived on the BOSS support.

Have any of you Canadians seen my fillygelding? Her radio transmitter must have come loose, I lost contact with her about an hour ago as she crossed the border. Should I call the vet?

O and guys, I've decided to go the homeopathic route from now on. BOSS is organic, isn't it???
    Strong promoter of READING the entire post before responding.

Same here - If anyone wants their Harry Potter fix I can PT them or you can PT me.

I have allready read it once and am working my way through it a second time trying to find all the hidden clues etc. Lets just say that this book is extremely good - but has tons of spoilers !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Coth's Resident Deatheater~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cllane1:

As far as Harry Potter: I don't want to spoil the book for anyone here reading it, but I'd be happy to PT you with the details. Let me know how much you want to know! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All of it!!!

Eggbutt - check your PT's in about 5 minutes - give me a chance to explain the book
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Coth's Resident Deatheater~

Eggbutt: I sent you a PT too! You'll be getting a double dose of Harry Potter in the next 10 minutes!

Hey Guys! I went to a BBQ this weekend where the main course was a mare who had outlived her otherwise usefullness. Now, this mare wasn't actually a resque so what do I say I had at the BBQ?

Finderkeepers: How's my mare doing? Can she do the TN Walking Horse walk yet? Need to hurry on that as, over the weekend, I was invited to go riding with some folks with walking horses and we need to be able to keep up. Especially since part of the ride is along the roadway and all are bringing some brewskies with them. (Unfortunately, that isn't made up. I think I'd need something stronger than beer to do that!)
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Holly Jeanne: would you call that "mareque"?

Land of cold, snow, & bugs, AKA Minnie Soda

As far as roping the tripods, why of course I will be roping their most useful part(s) http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

As far as taking resque to the potluck--put it in a crock pot--everyone knows you can put anything in a crock pot and it will come out tasty goodness--use Parkay and paprika--DUH!

PLEASE DO NOT SAY A WORD ABOUT THE HARRY POTTER BOOK!!!!!!! I am halfway through it and have to say it is a bit dark and was surprised that the characters are saying "damn"--I start my new job tomorrow and wonder if they will mind if I read Harry all day? As much as I would loff to lay in bed and read it all day I have to get a ton of crap done-including search for Jen22's BD present--what on earth do you get a girl that has everything (I might rescue a flax seed cookie in her name or give her some pre made frozen smegma coolers)
    Co-founder of White Trash Dressage (WTD)
    http://www.lulu.com/mavw1971
    also available on Amazon.com
    http://www.cafepress.com/wtdressage

horse_poor: no worries about Harry Potter. We're keeping all the spoilers in PTs!

Paprika and Parky: genius! I don't know where my brain has been. Too many smegma coolers over the weekend I guess...

Plus the reunion is in KY, so I can pick up some fresh rescue right off the track!

Holly - I just read a post on "racking" so i know what to do now. I've already gotten her to try some "new gaits" and shes doing great...just ignore the scars on her heels.

Where is my fillygelding???

ha ha ha! I have finished the book.....if you REALLY want to know....PT me!!!

PS. After reading it, I am now ready for the vaulting contest, can I ride a Breyer horse? I have "Toby, the Vaulting Horse" all tacked up and ready to go!
    HaHA! Made-est Thou Look!

Finders, your fillygelding is doing fine my baby who you sent out west with a BNT. I hear the trailer did break down but the fillygelding was such a trooper they just threw it in the trunk of a car and poked holes so it could breath. I think the stuffy air is doing wonders for all the cuts from the duck/goat/barbed wire incident. Still not sure if I am going to commit to buying it yet. I know it is perfect and over priced and what more could I want, right? Well I just have to check with a few more tripods to see which one should be paying. I'm still using the black mailed credit card for the deposit though.
    But now I need some advice on breeding fillygeldings! How do you ensure a fillygelding, isn't there some string test or something?? BOSS? I want to make sure it is a fillygelding as that market is really hot right now!
    I'm in for a rodeo! I know nothing about them so it will be tons of fun. I will have to find a bronc to buck me sky high (oh wait, I know some of them already). Nothing like a good resque while waiting for your event!
    Proud Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'
    The sun on your withers, the wind in your mane....

"Mareque" is perfect! Now I know what I had over the weekend! So when and where is the reunion in KY? Can I crash it?
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Oh Holly Jeanne, feel free to crash! The only thing more boring than your own high school reunion is your spouse's. It's in Paducah: the 10th anniversary of the St. Mary's High School class of 1995.

If I give you directions, will you bring the tripods? Or perhaps your racking horse?

I'll be taking a fine dish of crock-potted resque marinated in BOSS, Parkay and paprika, with a beet pulp salad.

Hmmm, Paducah is a little far away for me to crash. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...ilies/sigh.gif If you need flax to add to the dish, I have plenty! Next time, I'll bring my racking horse. I'm sure finderskeepers will have taught her to rack by then.

I hate to break it to you Snap, but as of now, fillygeldings only happen by accident. i have had success in breeding a few...the trick is to keep all your 1-3 year olds turned out together, and when a brother and sister or mother and son or father and daughter find their way to each other, the result is a fillygelding. I just keep all my horses out together all the time, and I've had 4 fillygeldings this year. Your fillygelding is already in foal, which makes your job even easier. She is one of the first fillygeldings to be in foal, so we will have to see what happens. Please send us baby pictures when she gets around to having the damn thing http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif

I heard a rumor that BOSS mixed with paprika and garlic induces labor. Maybe give that a go. I hope you have a penguin midwife ready for her...the birth is sure to be interesting!

OOOO and I got a new group of rescues in yesterday. They are in pretty good shape already...anyone up for a resque this weekend? we can have a bonfire after the rodeo!

Finders....on the sport horse breeding forum there is a thread that says fillygeldings are self pollinating. Is that true? I wondered cause it is posted as the truth and everything that's posted is always true you know. So, who is correct? Could you both be correct? Should I call the vet? Who would know? Will Bag Balm help anything? Paprika -- is that Indian or Hungarian Paprika?

I added some radish to my smegma bean dip this weekend and it really added a subtle hot flavor that was very unique. That coupled with the apple cider vinegar beet pulp sandwich spread was a real delight.

Lordy it's hot in NC! Too hot to do much of anything. I'm sick and tired of this heat already. You'd think it was summer or something. What can we do about the heat and humidity? All these people posting wanting to know what it's like in NC and we all keep telling them it's hot as heck and they still keep coming and then complaining that it's too hot to do anything. Like, Yeah, we told ya! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif

OOoohh, here I thought I was the only Harry Potter freak on the board...I have been away from the computer all weekend reading http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif Did anyone else go to the store at midnight to buy their copy?

I would be proud and honored to put on the tripod rodeo here in MI. The heat index today is 110, so the BBQ would be easy http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif
    Lapeer ... a small drinking town with a farming problem.
    Proud Closet Canterer!