The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

UPDATE... YES!!! UPDATE WITH CONFO PICS OF YOUR STALLION!!!

He seems like just the boy to improve upon my 3-legged, 14 hh A/O mare. And sabino to boot!!! Can you collect him today, and get the critters to me by Fed Ex... no, wait... DHL... no, wait... can I come pick it up, and fly it home myself? Or maybe I can throw my little mare in the trailer, and head on down to Texas. She's always in heat, so timing shouldn't be a problem. But, um... she's had some trailering issues (she lost that fourth leg in a minor trailer loading incident; no big deal... she just has a few minor balance issues, nothing 30 days of training can't fix). But if she lies down all the way, she should be okay. Right? Live cover would be best, cause she's the horny type, and I've always wanted her to "get some."
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Churchill

1 members found this post helpful.

Helen- At least if you ever take a clinic with GM and he asks how many beats are in each gait, you will have it easy.
    Walk-3
    Canter-3
    Gallop-3
    And you can be assured that your horse will ALWAYS be reaching under herself with her hind leg...or she will fall down.
    Hillary Clinton - proven liar, cheat, traitor and defender of rapists! Anyone but Hillary 2016! https://www.facebook.com/AntiHillary2016

jetsmom....Puleeeease.....what are you on?

...the insults are flying right now on another board! and they are not being spelled with: &*^%$#@*

Uh-o....could be one of so many boards to chose from! I thought everyone had been suspended for a while!

Hi Jetsmom!

I'm from El Paso and am now living in Houston. Love to know who that BNT ishttp://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

LOL too funny Jetsmom!

Maybe you should look into purchasing an Emu to keep your horse company until the vet can come out and extract the clicker from your horse. Emus are great at calming down horses....

Hi Sabby! Welcome to the boards!
    Hillary Clinton - proven liar, cheat, traitor and defender of rapists! Anyone but Hillary 2016! https://www.facebook.com/AntiHillary2016

don't think this board suspends....but not to hijack this thread - carry on!

Aw - we've got Sabby and Helen...two relative newbies! Welcome aboard!

Can anyone tell me which boots to buy for a wide calf and long shin?

Hell on Hooves

Proud owner of the $300 pony!

*falls off chair laughing*

Bwahahahahahaa!
    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

Originally from Greensboro, NC --- Now in Bristol, VA

oh my god! when i started to read it, i was like 'god, i HATE kids that type like this..and jeez, why do they have to lie about thier horses...' and then about a sentence into it, i got it...and couldn't stop laughing! brilliant! woohoo!

jETSMOM, i'M SURE eRIN HATES YOU BECAUSE YUR FRUM tEXAS. i THIKN YUR SPELIG IS WEY TOO GOO FIR THSI TO BE REEL.

nEXT TIME TRY TAKKING YUR BASEBAL CAP ON TITER.

Jetsmom....I HAVE to ask.....

Did you have this horse vet-checked before you bought him? With full x-rays and a colonoscopy?

If not, it's your own fault.

And, you realize that the owner of the horse in the next stall is going to sue you, right? Somersaults CAN'T be good for her back.....I can see the chiropractor bills now.

Maybe if you give it a "free" breeding...while your Sabino still has some air left....she won't be so upset? And, only charge half for the papers....you don't want to be CHEAP!

You know, I've had horrible heartburn all day...and now it's a whole lot worse!

Seriously, jetsmom, I know how to fix your problem with the judge. All you need is a little bling!--on your stirrups, your spurs, your GPA, your browband. Hell, why stop there? How about the bell boots, the open fronts (with or without sheepskin), the matching saddlepad, on the red (green? yellow?) ribbon in his tail...I've got it. Just shellack the beast with chrome Rustoleum to make him stand out and hide those pesky manure stains as an added bonus. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif

Maybe you could try to sleep with him again? And hold your breath while you do it, it will help him "feel it" better http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif

http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif *burst out laughing* Sorry http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_razz.gif But this is funny, looking back at it. At first I was like... OMG, how can that person be serious...
    Hell on Hooves

Proud owner of the $300 pony!

NO NO NO!!!!! If you put bling on your browband, the judge will not be able to see you!!!!!
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

Really now, folks. The poor lady comes crying and in a panic and all you can do is laugh at her. I'm ashamed.

Jetsmom, you keep up with your BNT. A little poling never hurt, and the draw reins will get him in a frame. Make sure your horse feels that twisted wire if he runs out, and you might consider tacks in the cavesson. Make sure to add plenty of sweet feed - maybe a gallon or two, but more if he still seems hungry after that. Not too much hay, now. You don't want a hay belly. Judges hate that.

There is an extra warmblood where I board. He's chestnut, only five and working Prix St Georges. His owner wants a Gypsy Vanner (I'll see if a sabino would be OK) so perhaps you can trade.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom