The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1989
    Originally from Greensboro, NC --- Now in Bristol, VA

oh thank god...

well, er, i don't use polos...i'm uh, i'm asking for a friend...yeah. a friend wanted me to ask...

polos are for sissies...i use boots! der.

wheeeere is everyone!!??!???!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!??!!?!?!? ?!?!!?!??!?!!??!

please don't flame me! i'm so scared! i just wanted some help, cause you guys know everything...please please please don't flame me!

"I'm Ron Burgandy??" - sorry...thats what just popped into my head...

will farell needs to make a horse movie. haha

finders - do you want to breed another horse to snor-kal? half price this time!?!

OK everyone, I have the phone in my hand, let's put it to a vote - do I need to call the men in white coats to come for deLapp?
    Chief Irrelevant Poster and member of the Broken Leg Brigade.

I wouldn't event at all, but it feels SO GOOD when you complete in one piece...

Land of cold, snow, & bugs, AKA Minnie Soda

My Gawd, I take Pees O' Sheet to audition for "So You Think You Can Dance" and this place goes to hell in a hand basket http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> And when I do get a horse, I will buy it only if it fits the saddles I have! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoever said this should be ASHAMED!!!!!!!! How dare you even think of having a saddle that fits a horse! You are bad bad BAD!!!!

Concerning the tails-how many times do I have to tell you people....Elmer's Glue (not craft glue) and baling twine and spray paint is what you need. Big Fat DUH to you.

And I did not see ANY talk about tripod roping and penning-I KNOW we are all worried about the Flax Seed Cookies, but Peter, Paul, and Mary, people, you CANNOT turn your backs on others just because one is is need. You should be ASHAMED of yourself. I had quite an angry phone call from the President of the Tripods and they heard that there would be limited classes for them at the rodeo and are threatening to boycott any and all future events. (You should all be hanging your heads in shame)What will we do if this happens, people? Think for a minute-think think THINK! I am doing my best to smooth things over-good thing I am well versed with tripods.

I do not think I can assocaite with you people. You are cruel, judgemental, and nasty. Now I know what other people said about this board was true. You are a bunch of meanies!
    Co-founder of White Trash Dressage (WTD)
    http://www.lulu.com/mavw1971
    also available on Amazon.com
    http://www.cafepress.com/wtdressage

whhhattt? cause i said will farrell should be in a horse movie? or because i said "I'm ron burgandy?"...cause that part of anchorman cracks me up, cause they put the question mark at the end on the teleprompter...

sorrry.

i'm crazy. its ok.

or is it because i don't use polos?

i can't help it that i have to entertain myself because NO ONE ELSE IS POSTING! and who else am i supposed to make fun of. i'm the easiest target. duh.

sides, the men in white coats already took your butt to the crazy farm a few years ago.

we have odd nicknames, and they all go together...apparently i lap dance on TABLES, and people with MULLETS go to strip joints...innnnreesting.

can anyone please explain what color 'bay' referes to? i keep seein it on this board, but can't figure out what it is.

even TABLE; you may want to reconsider who needs to go to the loony bin...see horse_poos post...

whew...

good job horse_poo....

You're right, DeLapp - I'll see if I can book out the whole east wing for our rodeo show.

Of course there will be multiple tripod roping / bronc busting / barrel racing events. We just thought it owuld be more fun if we put them all together on the day and told them to come up with something fun for themselves.

good thinkin TABLE...

aight. i'm off to bed. since no one else is posting...oh, well, and because i need to, you know, get some sleep because I have to work in the mornin...

have a good evenin kids...and could someone PLEASE tell me what 'bay' refers to, so when i check on here obsesivly in the morning before work, i will know!?!? thx soooo much and pleeez dont flame me...thanks, sorry, and thanks, and i'm really sorry this was sooo long....

i'm for tripod ropin, and resque bronc riding!

Horse_poo -- We can't let the tripods boycott!!! The show/rodeo would not be the same without them!!!

I LOVE TRIPODS!!!

(There, that may make them feel more loved!)

DeLapDance -- Looney bin is calling you!!! (And I should know cause I've finished one year of grad school! *LOL*)

Even table -- So, ya going to get an LJ so LapDance and I can get updates on Arnie all the time?!? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif
    ***Honorary Member of the "What is BOSS?" Cult...er...CLIQUE***
    ***Prominent Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'***
    CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen

oooh oooh ooh I finally came up with a name for MCM - "Many Cows Moo". This is tapping into her (lack of?) Native American heritage and will also qualify her to become a fully fledged animal communicator and BN Relationship Trainer.

MCM - email me the details of this LJ doohickey and I'll have a think about it.

OH MY GOD! I woke up this morning, and came to dutifully check this thread before heading off to work (pathetic, eh?), and where do I find it??? 6 posts from the BOTTOM!

COME ON PEOPLE! we must work together to keep it alive...i cant go back to the real board yet. i can't i can't i can't! so there...

no no even TABLE : her name must include MULLETS. it is more fun this way. duh.

in other news. my tripods are not going on strike or anything, so if no one else has theirs, mine will be with me. And I have 5 currently...I did give a few away for prom...so there will be at least mine at the rodeo. speaking of, I'd better start packing, i need to leave tomorrow morning...

what should i wear!!?! i was thinking lots of feathers and sequins? i'll figure it out later.

**So Sorry this is going to be long**
    *******PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME****************

I am starting a competition about who has the best life story, and I am starting!

Hi, my name is Snap and I was born 23 years ago in Maine (ok, that is true) to an alcoholic mother who was obsessed with horses. She spent her whole life in a barn living in the loft and eventually at the age of 16 had an affair with a tripod in town for the rodeo. The resulting 9 months of breaking horses for the track were tough on my ever expanding mother but eventually she bedded down in a stall, called the vet, took a big gulp of smegma cooler and prepared for the arrival of her child. Big surprise, since her affair was with a tripod she had triplets! She named us Snap, Crackle, and of course Pop. She was thrilled with her originality as she had come up with so many great horse names such as Hor-Sea and Fat-Mare.

I only saw my father one other time when he was in the hospital for a perforated colon. Something about too much time with his stallions...We never saw him again as he went to prison or something.

As there was no money since Mom was working for a BNT and she did all the work and got no pay, we continued to live in the hay loft. As soon as we could walk we were grooming for her and she even got us our first pony to share. We named her Krispy as she had been a resque pony that had been too close to the fire when my mother saw ability to walk, trot, canter, jump 6' jumps all with a bamboo limb. She was the prettiest pony ever as she was grey/bay/chestnut!

Mom was busy all day with the BNT's horses so we fared for ourselves and trained each other up to 200th level dressage and the 12' jumpers. Those were the days.....

At 9 we all got jobs at the tack shop to make some extra cash. By 14 we had stolen enough cash able to buy a nice single wide on cinder blocks and its own barn. Mom was reluctant to move but we convinced her she was her own BNT anyway and we'd get her some clients.

Sadly in a freak accident riding her 19h Gypsy Vanner across the road to our new home my mother passed out and fell off the horse. He was a stallion so we knew he would find his way home but mom was very dazed. We gave her some flax seed cookies and she came around ok (don't worry, we donated to their fund first!). But this brush with death made her want to retire.
    So the three girls took on the business and became millionaires stealing commissions.

We all were a little bored, except Crackle who liked to be really lazy and had a great resque business on the side. So Crackle stayed with Mom while Pop went out to become a famous vet. She discovered BOSS you know! I call her every five minutes to check in about my horses.

At age 20 I decided I wanted something more with my life so I decided to go train with a BNT in NJ. I had never really ridden anything other than the pony and Gypsy Vanners so I was surprised when they gave me some stupid warmbloods and thoroughbreds to ride. I mean, who rides something under 19h??? Anyway I made due and slept with the BNT, his tripods, judges, grooms, clients...oh I've lost track.
    I made a lot of friends at the barn but when I got pregnant I couldn't handle the drama anymore so I black mailed the BNT and took his credit card number. At the great advice of my friends on COTH I moved to Antarctica and you know the story from there.

Who knows where life will go next?

So what are everyone else's stories??
    Proud Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'
    The sun on your withers, the wind in your mane....

Damn, guys, I have missed a lot! I need to catch up!!!
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

O snap, i like this idea!

I was born 21 years ago (almost 22) under a double wide in Aiken, SC. I was the smallest of the litter, so they threw me to the gators. I swam for my life and ended up in the Outback. A really great guy, Steve Irwin, took me in. I lived with him, in the zoo, for the next 6 years before he put me to work. At 6, I started wrestling gators, as I have this need to get revenge after losing my little toe when I was 3 days old. When I was 9, I was wrestling for a group of tourists and daddy Irwin was talking to them about my amazing abilities when a cattle rancher asked him if I'd ever tried horses. They exchanged some money and boomerangs and I was off to the ranch.

He kept me in the barn, I had to share a stall with the donkey for the first 4 years, what a bed hog! I learned to rope and ride, and became his sidekick, like in the song. But cowboy wasn't my style (though the resque was AMAZING)

So at the age of 13 I moved to Japan and started riding jumpers and worked on the track doing...well anything that paid http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...ilies/uhoh.gif Then in 1996 I came over with the team for the Olympics in Atlanta. While working there, grooming and showing dressage, 200th level of course, a BNT snatched me up. I worked for him, raising his children mostly, until I was 18. Then he caught me braiding at a show when I was supposed to be sleeping with the judge, and exiled me to Pittsburgh. I hung out here for a while, and then decided to become a BNT myself, and have a rescue/resque farm, and I have a double wide of my very own! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    Strong promoter of READING the entire post before responding.

Oh Finders, what a lovely tale of overcoming the odds at all costs! Tear....

I forgot to tell you!!! My barn is planning a bbq for next weekend. Oh did I launch into the resque explaination! My friend totally got it and thought it was sick but hilarious! I'm sure everyone will want to resque Snap (the horse) as they have taken to calling her the cow, or as my husband refers to her "Bessie-Snap" since she leads like a cow http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif.
    But I was so proud as the message on the whiteboard could only make sense to people on this thread or in a small group of people at the barn who constantly make fun of everything. Ahh, should be good times! I wonder if I can bring some smegma coolers??

O snap, i'm sure smegma coolers are in order!

I think I'd rather my mare be refered to as a cow than a freak...that's my girl's nickname. She's actually from japan, thats where the reference in my life story came from. They shipped her over here to race and then made her a baby factory, and i pulled her off the auction truck, and what thanks do i get?? maybe i should resque her...shes very ungrateful....

Comeone ladies! we can't let this thread die at only 90 pages!!

I agree, lets resque these ungrateful mares! See mine is at least a chestnut so I can blame an attitude on her coat color. Mares are such....well, mares. I got mine 10 days off her last race at 3 years old and she is the most mellow horse I think I have ever met, completely even tempered. But she is a PITA a much as possible as she thinks she is in charge.

Hello???? ehco...echo...echo...Come on guys, where has everyone gone? We can't hold a rode with only a few people! We have to at least hit 100 pages!

Nor Cal. Land of Four Seasons Mud Flood Drought and Fire

Can we have the PETA people come to the rodeo?
    Since they are People Eating Tasty Animals, we could serve resque ba- be- que to them.
    They'd like that.

I don't know - I go away to sleep and eat and see my horse, and I come back to some sick perverted stories. Jetsmom, I hope you're so happy, you've created a monster here.

I am at work but I will come and flame all of you for asking stupid questions when I am off!
    ***Honorary Member of the "What is BOSS?" Cult...er...CLIQUE***
    ***Prominent Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'***
    CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen