The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Interesting Article

Found this on racing site...OP didn't cross post. Wonder how it would work w/ eventing..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226296385192

It doesn't say but I wonder if it has to do with anhydrosis (?) none sweating...

How would the compression suit deal with anhydrosis? I would think if you have a non-sweater, the last thing you would do is put layers on him to hold heat in - no matter how breathable it is?

I think this suit is to maximize blood flow (oxygen) for quicker bounce back time after a tough workout.

According to article it aids in circulation, oxygenation and is made of a revolutionary moisture management material...

What I want to know is how do you get it on? I'm not sure every horse out there would like to be wrapped head to toe in a compression suit! From the manufacture's website, "A HIDEZ suit consists of 5 high performance sports zippers. We suggest that you as you are removing the HIDEZ suit from your animal, that you do each of the zippers back up. This will avoid you getting lost in zippers when you go to use you HIDEZ suit next time.
    Your HIDEZ suit will be even easier to remove then it was to put on the process should take you 1/2 a minute to remove." I like the part about avoiding getting lost in zippers As for it's use, they recommend that it be worn, "Whilst or during any means of transportation (e.g. air/road etc.). Before and directly after exercise to help with warm-up and cool-down routines. Whilst in a stable. Overnight to treat injuries or physical exertion after competitions. Before & after an operation.
    Whilst pregnant to th circulation." The website is here: http://hidez.com.au/