The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default The Household Cavalry Meets Fashion

After looking at the photos in this article, I think I need to move my horses to England, put on my uniform, and meet violinists. Sigh.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-...the-Brave.html

Excerpt:

Going strictly by the book, the electronic violinist, Linzi Stoppard's 'regalia' was hardly regulation kit at The Household Cavalry Barracks in Knightsbridge, London, this morning.

Beaming broadly - and feeling just a little nervous - Linzi mounted a cavalry black gelding called Tweedale, wearing a long Union Flag ballgown, designed by Jasper Conran, and six-inch red satin platforms from Gina.

Her equestrian exploit was staged to officially launch 'Fashion for the Brave', a unique charity initiative which unites British fashion and British forces. Fashion for the Brave, to be staged at The Dorchester Hotel, on October 26th, will mark the first time in the 350-year-old history of The Household Cavalry, that the regiment has ever taken part in such an event.

'Fashion for the Brave' will be a black tie gala which will raise funds for three military charities: Help for Heroes, Household Cavalry Operational Casualties Fund, and ABF The Soldiers Charity.
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Yes, I know how to spell. I'm using freespeling!

freespeling