The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Quick Tall Boot Questions

I recently got my first ever pair of tall boots. I have a pair of Mountain Horse's Venice Field Boots and they are wonderful, but I have two quick questions...

How do I polish them?
    With my paddock boots, I would simply wipe off any dried dirt/mud with a barely damp sponge, then apple some Kiwi Color Shine, and then buff. Will this routine work for my new boots?

Does Mountain Horse make polish/conditioner?
    If yes, is it any better than other products? I haven't put anything on the boots yet, other then some Leather Therapy Wash to get the waxy stuff off, and then a very, very, VERY thin layer of Leather Therapy Conditioner. I buffed with an old T-shirt after

I have only ever used Kiwi on my boots. I wipe them with a sponge that has faint traces of water. Ringed to death. Then I apply polish to the outside of the boots and the foot. All done and last for a long time.

Get some rubbers to put over the boots to protect them when you are walking.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Pony View Post
    I recently got my first ever pair of tall boots. I have a pair of Mountain Horse's Venice Field Boots and they are wonderful, but I have two quick questions...
    Talk to Mtn Horse directly if you want your warranty to be viable - they may have a list of products to avoid or to recommend ...

Here is what they say to do:

http://mountainhorseusa.com/footwear_instructions.html

Pretty vague and common sense if you ask me, but obviously someone has messed up their boots and complained so that they had to compile the dont list.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

I also just bought my first pair of tall boots. I got ariat Challenge II boots and am wondering what to do to clean and condition them. I looked on the ariat website and didnt find much useful information. They have a short video but it doesnt go into detail at all. I have ridden in them twice now and they are starting to get dusting/scuffed and would like to keep them clean and shiny. Any tips?