The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default green status

Can anyone
    tell me how long you have to rescind green pony status in a show year? Thanks!

Its right in the reinstatement form...

http://www.usef.org/documents/hunter...nstateForm.pdf

"A horses or pony’s green status may be reinstated for a future competition year if it was not shown at the regulation height at more than four (4) competitions
    prior to September 1st and if it was not shown at that height after September 1st in the same year. Horses are not eligible for a first year green reinstatement if they
    have competed in the Junior Hunter Championships or an International Hunter Derby within the same year. A pony is not eligible for a green reinstatement if they
    have competed in the National Pony Finals."

thanks-super helpful to say the least

So dumb question. What class could a large pony go in that aren't regulation height? not to hijack the thread. Don't want to break my new large's green year (first time wanting to have a child show one of my ponies in the hunters. I'm a jumper and eventer gal)

Quote Originally Posted by Couture TB View Post
    So dumb question. What class could a large pony go in that aren't regulation height? not to hijack the thread. Don't want to break my new large's green year (first time wanting to have a child show one of my ponies in the hunters. I'm a jumper and eventer gal)
    Childrens ponies
    Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    Prove it....Otherwise, you're just coming off as a whackjob.
    Founding member of the "Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine" Clique

The green height for large ponies is 2'9"
    So Eventing at Beginner Novice (2'7" )would be OK, but Eventing at Novice (2'11") or Training (3'3") would "break" its green status.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Does anyone happen to remember when the cut off date to reclaim green status changed to September?

I seem to recall it was in May for eons, until relatively recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    Does anyone happen to remember when the cut off date to reclaim green status changed to September?

I seem to recall it was in May for eons, until relatively recent years.
    It is May in the 2010 rule book and September in the 2011 rule book.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Short Stirrup, Childrens Ponies, or any of the unrated hunter divisions that are open to ponies, and below the height (something like 2' Schooling Hunter or 2' Low Hunter).

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    It is May in the 2010 rule book and September in the 2011 rule book.
    Thanks, Janet!

I'll start with saying- I have never done the ponies, I will never do the ponies (far too old, and tall...) nor will I ever have kids to do the ponies, so please no flaming!

If you had an awesome green pony and jock, couldn't you go to one or two shows, be champion, go to PF and then still get your green card back since it was before September and less than 4 shows?

Just curious!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by roamingnome View Post
    I'll start with saying- I have never done the ponies, I will never do the ponies (far too old, and tall...) nor will I ever have kids to do the ponies, so please no flaming!

If you had an awesome green pony and jock, couldn't you go to one or two shows, be champion, go to PF and then still get your green card back since it was before September and less than 4 shows?

Just curious!
    Thanks!
    You are not able to reclaim your status if you show in a national championship (junior hunter finals or pony finals). Someone must have tried just what you suggested! Or the derby either, btw...