The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Update: GR system vs Show Ready

Update: post #9

Does anyone have a show ready or know of anyone who uses one? They are less than half the price of a Game Ready, are strapped on the horse instead of on the ground, and come with rechargeable batteries instead of needing an outlet.

They don't rent, or I'd be all over it. I'm trying to heal 2 suspensory strains one worse than the other.

I'm not opposed to the Game Ready, especially since I can rent one for 4 weeks, but I know they have so-so customer service.

I tried looking up the Show Ready Cordless Equine Ice System on COTH, but I couldn't find any threads about it. It is relatively new, only on the market about 1.5 years.

http://www.show-ready.com/

Thanks!
    Last edited by reay6790; Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM.

wanted to bump this to see if anyone had heard about it

Thanks for sharing the link to Show-Ready. Looks very interesting. I can't see why it wouldn't work just as well as GR.

I am a fan of GR and wouldn't use anything else. GR has been a life send for my Rehab. Not only do we use it on our Rehab horses but also as a preventative after workouts on a healthy horse as well.

Having said the Shoe-Ready is half the price. (something to consider )...

www.midatlanticequinerehabcenter.com

Talked to the man who invented them...he is an Arabian guy. Mostly used in Arabian and QH world right now. I really like the price tag and the fact that it doesn't have to be plugged in while the horse is using it. Battery lasts 6 hours (rechargeable).

I also like that all the tubes and everything are up on the horses back and not on the ground.

He has used them on multiple suspensory issues with success. So looks like it is worth a shot. They were at a show and he even sent me a pic of a horse using on that second while he was on the phone. Very cool!

If you do get it please report back! It looks like an affordable alternative to the GR.

Ordered it! We should get it next week. I will take pictures and do an update

There's a pretty good thread with pictures on the HGS health care forum about the Show Ready.

I would love a link! I have been talking to Lopinslow about hers. She introduced it to me.

Just wanted to update here!

I got the Show Ready system in Monday, and have used it 5 times since then.

I love it!!! It took a couple of times of getting used to it, but I can set it up and take it off quickly now. At first the leg wasn't getting very cold (well either leg) but it turns out I wasn't putting enough water into the wrap, and figured that out by the next day I tried it on myself and WOW, it gets cold!!!

Some things I love:
    -the rechargeable batteries- AWESOME. I can put him in his stall and tie him in where he can eat his hay...and I can just leave him. I usually check on him once every 15 minutes or so but it is still so nice to not have to have him just sitting on the cross ties
    -the different pressure, inflatable, and inflate and deflate settings
    -the ICE water containers (1 for each side). I simply fill it up a little over half way and then put it in the freezer. Then I top it off to the top of the water line right before I put it on him.
    -each side can be set individually to whatever pressure or cycle wanted.

It comes with full leg wraps, but I got the short utility wraps recommended for suspensory injuries.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...0/ced5bc89.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by reay6790 View Post
    Talked to the man who invented them...he is an Arabian guy. Mostly used in Arabian and QH world right now. I really like the price tag and the fact that it doesn't have to be plugged in while the horse is using it. Battery lasts 6 hours (rechargeable).

I also like that all the tubes and everything are up on the horses back and not on the ground.

He has used them on multiple suspensory issues with success. So looks like it is worth a shot. They were at a show and he even sent me a pic of a horse using on that second while he was on the phone. Very cool!
    Hahaha... I am not Arabian... and it's definitely not mostly used in Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by equinelegwraps View Post
    Hahaha... I am not Arabian... and it's definitely not mostly used in Arabia.
    I think you misread what I typed.

By Arabian...I meant a man who showed/trained Arabian horses. That is what I was told when I asked about the product.

My show ready was very helpful for rehabbing my horse's suspensory injury.

Quote Originally Posted by reay6790 View Post
    I think you misread what I typed.

By Arabian...I meant a man who showed/trained Arabian horses. That is what I was told when I asked about the product.

My show ready was very helpful for rehabbing my horse's suspensory injury.
    I'm not a professional horse trainer either...
    I'm very happy to hear that! Thanks for buying and using my product!