The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NY Times- A Week with Georgina Bloomberg

Well, a week of her wardrobe, anyway.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/fa..._r=1&src=rechp

That's how she saves her money, by not buying hair ties!! Now I know! ;-)
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

Quote Originally Posted by bits619 View Post
    That's how she saves her money, by not buying hair ties!! Now I know! ;-)
    From reading that, it sounds like she also saves money by buying trendy pieces—e.g., colored jeans—at Target, and investing in what really matters (nice basics from Prada, Theory, etc.) or getting great hand-me-downs from family. That was a really refreshing read.

I thought it was interesting that her professional attire was leopard sandals and black jeans.

I love how she keeps jewelry from exes and keeps them as compensation

I agree. I wish there were pictures too! I am lacking in the personal style department and love trying out looks from other people.

Yeah I kinda smiled to hear that she had a lot of single slippers... Glad I am not alone with that... But I dont keep them...
    What is a hair ribbon/tie? I thought I knew but now not sure when she said keeps them from gifts...How does one keep a ribbon from a gift to put one on her hair... Color me confused because isnt most ribbon used for gifts that stuff if you look at it funny it kinda shreds...
    Friend of bar .ka

Quote Originally Posted by bumknees View Post
    What is a hair ribbon/tie? I thought I knew but now not sure when she said keeps them from gifts...How does one keep a ribbon from a gift to put one on her hair... Color me confused because isnt most ribbon used for gifts that stuff if you look at it funny it kinda shreds...
    Not if the gifts come from an expensive store that does the wrapping
    Auventera Two:Some women would eat their own offspring if they had some dipping sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHorse View Post
    Not if the gifts come from an expensive store that does the wrapping
    I happen to wrap all of my gifts with real ribbon from the fabric store. I buy it in rolls, it makes the gifts pretty, and both the boys and the girls can save it for hair tying purposes.

Oh ok.. The stores I can not afford to walk by let alone actually walk into... aaahhh ok... My bank account would have heart failure if I did .. that is why I did not know how a gift ribbon could be used in the hair... gotcha
    thanks...
    Friend of bar .ka

It isn't just super nice stores. Aerie adds ribbon to all of their bags, and they let you choose from four they have, so I always pick my fav and save it for my hair. I use it more like a headband though.

My favriote part...

"I always try to look professional so they will take me seriously. I wore a light gray Element button-down over a white tank top from Target with dark blue 7 for All Mankind jeans and black leather gladiator sandals."

If I showed up to a boardroom meeting dressed like that, it would be my last one...
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Quote Originally Posted by kmwines01 View Post
    I thought it was interesting that her professional attire was leopard sandals and black jeans.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    My favriote part...

"I always try to look professional so they will take me seriously. I wore a light gray Element button-down over a white tank top from Target with dark blue 7 for All Mankind jeans and black leather gladiator sandals."

If I showed up to a boardroom meeting dressed like that, it would be my last one...
    Nothing says I am not as young or unprofessional as you think like denim and leopard. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    My favriote part...

What you can or can not wear at a board meeting is directly proportional to the size of your bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravencrest_Camp View Post
    What you can or can not wear at a board meeting is directly proportional to the size of your bank account.
    Yes, something tells me she will remain on the bloomberg foundation and as the youngest member of the usef board of trustees, regardless of her perspective on 'professional attire'

I was really surprised that jeans, no matter the wash or brand, were a 29 year old's definition of professional. Nothing says business like a stitching pattern in the shape of a 7 on your rump??

I don't have anything against her, except when I read (don't remember if it was in that article or another) that the competition was everything to her, and she wouldn't be riding if she couldn't compete. Not the worst thing about a person by far.... just not a credo I support.

BUT that's for a different thread (which has been done before) on another day.
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

What is a Lauren Merkin purse?

I know what merkin is (and was in the Victorian era), so eeww.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Ravencrest_Camp View Post

We really need that like button.

A merkin purse???
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Is a merkin purse like, different than a Nadian purse, or Erman purse? Sorry, it's Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by moonriverfarm View Post
    A merkin purse???

I just came from The Managerie, where I posted a juvenile reference on the "do you shave your furry beast" thread.
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.