The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Working as a track photographer

I hope some of the wise COTHers can provide insight on what it's like to work as a track photographer. DD has a potential job working at the New York tracks -- Belmont, Aqueduct, Saratoga. She's not afraid to work hard. My main concern is her safety and well being. What's the environment like working at the track? Any insights/advice you have would definitely be welcome. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Skip's Rider View Post
    I hope some of the wise COTHers can provide insight on what it's like to work as a track photographer. DD has a potential job working at the New York tracks -- Belmont, Aqueduct, Saratoga. She's not afraid to work hard. My main concern is her safety and well being. What's the environment like working at the track? Any insights/advice you have would definitely be welcome. Thanks!
    I've worked for a track photographer and I loved it. I never experienced any safety issues. It is fast-paced work. I spent time on computers creating win photos, on the phone with clients, and on the track shooting.

I have friends who have worked for the photographer you mention and they liked working for him.

Thanks so much! This was very helpful. DD will be going up for a visit at the beginning of April. I am not familiar with NYC at all. Where would you suggest DD look for a place to live if she gets an offer? We have relatives in Livingston, NJ. How would the commute from there be?