The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default More electric fence help

Although I swore I was never using the front pasture again...it's so green and all that lovely grass is going to waste. I've been using the Safe Fence 1 1/2 inch tape at the top, to keep the horses off the fence, but I've run out. I still have to do a 200' section with push-in posts (2 strands) to keep them away from the semi-poisonous bushes my farmer neighbor planted along the fence line.

Then I have at least 2,00 more feet to go to finish off the whole perimeter. I would rather not have to spend $100 plus shipping for 800ft rolls of the Safe Fence. What and where can I get a decent tape (1/2 to 1 inch is fine) for a decent price?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I've purchased tape from my local hardware store. They carry a decent generic brand, which has worked well for short term fencing. Maybe ask at a tack shop or feed store in your area. I've also ordered from Horseloverz, but they usually charge additional shipping.
    Equine Sales - We make online horse shopping easy

Not sure, but I would think Tractor Supply or some place similar would carry it

If you're going to do temp fence... try rotational grazing. Only a small area that you move when the grass is grazed down. This is very effective use of the available land.

We have the cheap stuff TSC carries, but the stuff that lasts the best is that yellow heavier stuff. The white tape works but IMHO is just too light.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams