The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 5 or 6 y/o OTTB, sound, NM

I posted about him previously in Off Course, but now I'm doing an official giveaway thread. He is a 5 or 6 year old OTTB (can't read his tattoo so are going by his teeth) who goes nicely at w/t/c in a frame and has jumped up to 2'6" including going around courses and could easily go higher. He's been out of work for about six months while we cleared up a colic and ulcers (neither of which seem to be coming back). Then, I sold him to someone who couldn't finish making the promised payments and wound up dropping him back off at my place half-starved (my fault for not checking on him, though it wasn't very long between visits). He's gaining weight back quickly.

He does have an old bow on a front leg and a scar on a hind leg but those have not affected his soundness. He should hold up nicely for the average adult ammy. He's a blast to ride and pretty solid, not really spooky at all. He does need a confident rider on the trail as he gets nervous. He has great feet and has been barefoot for some time, even in work.

This is just a really bad time for me. I'm recently broken up with my partner of 8 years, so my income has been cut, and then on top of that the house I was renting has been sold out from under me. I was hoping to keep him long enough to put more weight back on him, but I'm not sure that's in the cards now. Due to moving expenses I can't really afford to ship him unless you're very close, but he's free and current on shots/worming/etc. He just needs some groceries.

He's a really cool horse and I think will make a great partner for someone. PM me with your email if you'd like pictures.

I do also want to say that he's not in danger of going to the sale or anything like that. I do have a place he can go, but it will just kind of be keeping him in a holding pattern (he'll be getting plenty to eat, but he'll be too far away for me to really work him or market him) and so I thought I'd see if I can find him a better situation.

Where in New Mexico is he? Size?
    www.ctannerjensen.com
    http://ctannerjensen.blogspot.com/
    Equine Art capturing the essence of the grace,strength, and beauty of the Sport Horse."

Sorry, meant to include that info. He's about 16.2 and located about an hour south of Albuquerque in the Socorro area.

I saw your PM too, I'm on my phone right now but I'll answer that tonight. Thanks!

Bump.
    www.ctannerjensen.com
    http://ctannerjensen.blogspot.com/
    Equine Art capturing the essence of the grace,strength, and beauty of the Sport Horse."

Shame he's not in SoCal!
    SA Ferrana Moniet
    Not goodbye--just waiting at the end of the trail.
    My bloggity blog: Hobby Horse: Adventures of the Perpetual Newbie