The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

I am not on the donater list so there are probably 70 people on her support team! And she has over 300 likes on her page! I regret we didn't do a group photo at Funny's new home but we were so overwhelmed by the experience no one suggested it. We should have some sort of reunion in a couple months when she is filled out and shiny as a red penny and is walking on normal feet! I wonder if BNG would be interested in maybe a COTH picnic or something there this summer? Or some place close by so her team could visit her?

BnG, are you comfortable PMing someone a shipping address for items?

Hi all,

Funny is doing great. The vet came by and did a quick once over. Blood was drawn for a Coggins test and to get a base line. We sent a fecal sample back to the office to see exactly what wormer she needs. I normally Power Pac new horses, but I wanted a vets recomendation for her. She is slowly switching over to Triple Crown Senior and free choice 2nd cut hay. ( And all the clover she can eat ). With all the changes going on we are holding off on the shots until late next week. She is now turned out with SO's TB gelding. He is only 4, but he is very easy going and sweet. He is trying to remind her how to do the mutual grooming. She seems to have forgotten how to do it. But for now she out with one horse and we are going to slowly introduce to the rest of the group one at a time. She was so happy to have a buddy on her side of the fence. She was definitely well taken care of in her earlier days. We got caught in traffic today and was a little late for dinner. Her grain was 40 minutes late. She. was. not. happy. She had no problem expressing her displeasure at our lateness with dinner. Quite the red head.

Again, we want to thank each and every person for their support and kind words. We are very happy we were able to help this lady and her former owners out. She is fitting in nicely. With regulat grooming and a steady diet she should fatten up nicely. Members of the COTH are truly a great group of people!! I will get some more pictures to her FB page this weekend. Thanks again everyone!

1 members found this post helpful.

So i did it more than once..I also missed Sanely Eccentric in typing out the list! I offer my deepest apologies!!

Quote Originally Posted by BluenGrey View Post
    Hi all,

. Her grain was 40 minutes late. She. was. not. happy. She had no problem expressing her displeasure at our lateness with dinner.

What did she do Dance excitedly? Pout? or the ultimate show of displeasure the 'Shun'.

I love this story and have shared it with some of my non-horsey friends. We formed a women's group after having met on Craig's List in the women's forum there about 7 years ago. We have annual meet-ups in various cities across the US. Members of our group live all across the globe - various scattered states, Iceland, Puerto Rico, South America, Japan.

See, Craig's List can be the beginnings of wonderful things!

Yes, I should clarify the "donators" list was just so i could be sure I had accounted for folks who paypal'd money. We had more generous donors in Kimball56, Liberty, JSwan, TimelyImpulse and BluenGrey! Plus a couple of friends and kids that came along too. And many others who have sent prayers and good wishes along with offers of blankets/sheets/spray/feed/etc. This mare has been blessed!

Have "liked" her FB page. Beautiful farm! She is a lucky girl.
    Let us ride together; blowing mane and hair; careless of the weather; miles ahead of care...Fat Cat Farm Sport Horses

Thanks for the update, B&G! I'm sure Funny will bloom under your great care (especially being out on those gorgeous, heavenly pastures!).

Finally got enough time to send a little dribble. Wish I could have done more, maybe at another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    He's a Hunka Hunka Burning horse, alright.
    He's a beauty.

What's his breed? I'm so curious. I love thicker horses.
    The dude abides ...

Am I the only one who after seeing how pretty she is and how much life Momma (Always Funny) has in her thinks that at 100$ we got the steal of this century?

Chant (More Pics, More Pics)

I am wracking my brain trying to think of a class that we (the collective owners and their vast knowledge of fine grooming tips) can polish our very striking mare up for(- a class that is not undersaddle (we did promise the seller that she would not be ridden)
    Last edited by 5; Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Can someone please tell me which post # has the link to the photos and/or FB page????? At 40 pages, I cannot find them.....

Thanks!

I got to thinking about this again on my way to the barn. I just can't get over how amazing it is that a large group of people, most who have never met, pooled their resources to save an animal in need.

They say horse people are crazy...well, more people in this world need to be our kind of crazy.

Well said runNjump!

P.

Quote Originally Posted by runNjump86 View Post
    I got to thinking about this again on my way to the barn. I just can't get over how amazing it is that a large group of people, most who have never met, pooled their resources to save an animal in need.

They say horse people are crazy...well, more people in this world need to be our kind of crazy.
    Like.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

she looks really happy and content (and gaining weight) in the new photo on FB... and she has friends!!!

If helping a horse in need is crazy, sign me up for the looney bin!

My trailer is standing by for the next one! That was one heartwarming experience! I would do it again in a skinny minute. Even my copilot who had just been told about her the day before, thanked me for including her in the experience. You just couldn't help but be drawn in, there was such an overwhelming warm feeling being able to help this beautiful animal.

1 members found this post helpful.