The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Well, that's weird... the page didn't work yesterday!

Does anyone have a phone number for bluengray? Trying to get in touch with her for an article...

I see there are new pics of Funny on her facebook page.

Our mare is looking great!!!
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

3 members found this post helpful.

Default OUR mare has been with Bluengrey for a year now!

Always Funny has been with Bluengrey for about a year now. She is losing her eyesight, but she is doing well, according to bluengrey.

If any members of the syndicate have any extra $$, you can send it to bluengrey for our mare's grain and hay.

Thanks, K, for taking such good care of the 30 something year old mare for us!

6 members found this post helpful.

What a great story!

Aww glad to hear our old lady is doing well.

Does the same paypal name and such still work? If so will send something along.

P.

Yes, K's paypal address is the same. Please note: She has never asked us for money. Last fall, 5 suggested that we should be helping out with the grain and hay for winter. So if people want to, they can send a little along. Remember if you put "gift" on paypal, K won't have any money deducted for paypal fees. K has footed the bill for everything since the "trust fund" that was provided last spring has run out.

No one is required to contribute. I never expected Funny to live a year after she was bought by the syndicate. Old ottb mares are so tough, I should have realized that since I've had 3 of them. Ottb mares don't quit.

I did not see Erin's post last November. Did she do an article on K and Funny? If so, can someone link the site here, please?

dribble sent. Thanks for the reminder, much appreciated. Happy adoption day, Always Funny.
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

What is her stable name? What does K call her? Always Funny is a good name, but too long to call her in from the pasture.

Another dribble sent today. I did need a reminder too! I think we need to have a reunion of the syndicate after a year of the soft landing! Funny has brought us all together.COTHers rule!

I think Kim calls her Funny or Momma. She was looking great last time I saw her! I will try and get more pics when I get out of this hospital stay, or if someone else wants to go that would be fine too. Kim is very gracious and welcoming, just let her know you are coming so someone is home.
    I think it would be awesome to get together for lunch soon, any ideas on a good place?
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

2 members found this post helpful.

JUST saw this thread. AMAZING journey. Could you post (or PM me) the paypal address for donations? I could do a dribble or two and this is just too impressive.
    Will check out the FB page/photo album over the weekend.

With all the crap going on in the world (equine & 'real'), this is just the warm/fuzzy we all need.

Thank you all - original saviours - for what you did. You've earned your wings...especially BluenGray (Kim?)!

Oh - and for the record: The Ice Cream Man, Greenwich, NY; Guptill's Coney Express, Albany, NY; We-Li-Kit, Abington, CT ... And We-Li-Kit has Percherons...
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Hi owners of Funny!

Your mare is doing well, the vet thinks she has only 10-20 percent of her sight remaining. But she knows the farm well and her large bay boyfriend is always nearby. We were concerned about her mobility. She went through a period were she seemed wobbley on her feet. But the vet checked her out and there is nothing urgent. To reinforce the vet's point, she and her peeps were blasting around in the snow on Weds.

So, one year later, she is happy, comfortable and forever eating. I want to thank everyone again for their kind words and support. This has been a great year for Funny, and us. Thanks again to all her owners for getting her into a happy place. She deserves it.

15 members found this post helpful.

Glad to read that "our" girl is doing so well. Thank you BluenGrey for giving her such a great home!

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks to BluenGrey and all 'syndicate' members for supporting Funny in her golden years. What a great landing...glad to hear she is still doing so well.

I'm sending a little more board money to Kim for the Funny girl mare for April board.

And alittlegray is back in the hospital again, this time at Hopkins. Let's all hope that her pancreatic problems get resolved soon.

I too sent a 'happy spring' dribble for Funny and Kim. Best wishes to alittlegray for good health...

Would love to hear how Funny is doing this fall?
    Let us ride together; blowing mane and hair; careless of the weather; miles ahead of care...Fat Cat Farm Sport Horses

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm still sending my $10 a month to Funny. I guess she's doing well since I've not heard anything otherwise.

I would love to know how she is doing too!

There was an update back in August on her Facebook page that she was losing her sight but doing well otherwise. Nothing since then. I hope if she needs anything someone will post and let us know. I have sent dribbles a few times and would be happy to help our girl more if she needs it.