The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Unhappy Barn jackets.

We're the only barn who doesn't have jackets. This must change. Where do you get tours from? We would need Adult and kid sizes.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

You can get pretty much any embroidery company to do it. Usually they'll have a catalogue to pick out sizes, styles etc, and then just e-mail a high quality image of your logo. I'm sure you could find a place near you on google - the company we use is local (they also do all of the clothing for my dads construction company).

There is an embroidery place in my city that virtually does every barn in the area. Ask friend's from other barns where they got theres.

We just bought ours at...drumroll please.... Costco. They're out being embroidered now.
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Any sports team kind of shop can do that for you. Most of them use San Mar IIRC as a source for the clothing. You can look at the stuff online just can't order without an account.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

I used Stitch America at http://www.embroiderysuperstore.com/...they were great.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Former owner of the best Amish-carthorse-turned-eventer ever

Our college team got them from a Lands End type place. We didn't just want jackets that identified us as a team, we needed functional jackets in upstate NY!

So we got 3-in-1 jackets that have an outer waterproof shell (excellent in the coldest weather as the external layer, or by itself in the rainy warmer weather) that has a million pockets and ended just past our butts (so necessary for those winter shows!!!). The inner layer is a non-pilling fleece that didn't attract hay or shavings that sits at the waist. I suppose the 3rd layer was the removable hood.

Both the internal and external jackets were custom embroidered, and attached to each other by a zipper. Really easy to connect/disconnect them, or just wear them as separates so you could shed the top layer before riding.

Just south of the Arctic Circle...seriously

Ditto the local embroidery shop. Ours loves the business and will often get us the best deal.
    “Thoroughbreds are the best. They’re lighter, quicker, and more intelligent.” -George Morris