The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reality show looking for trainers/riders

Anyone looking for their 15 minutes of fame?

http://www.gohorseshow.com/article/O..._TV_Star/37250

"Specifically, I'm looking for the best trainers in the business as well as families who are putting a lot on the line to make sure their children are at the top of their game in the sport," Peter Huntley, a casting director for the major television production company told GoHorseShow. "It can be either male or female trainers, but they can't be afraid to speak their minds and they need to be no nonsense and straight to the point. We don't want a Mr. Rogers!" Huntley says laughing.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Oh geez...sounds like Toddlers & Tiaras or Dance Moms. What is it with people enjoying the exploiting of kids for entertainment?!
    The only thing the government needs to solve all of its problems is a Council of Common Sense.

I don't need a whole 15 minutes....maybe 5.

Not at the top of the game, don't want to be at the top of the game, and neither do my kids. Ribbons and points and trophies are nice, but at the end of it you wouldn't have those things without your hard work and the hard work of your horse. Why push so hard to enjoy things that fade and break and gather dust, when you could push just as hard to simply enjoy the horse who would have gladly won, or tried to win, them for you?

Don't get me wrong, I've done my share of competing, and enjoyed it, but you get to a point sometimes that chasing ribbons becomes less about the sport, and more about stroking your ego. Megalomaniac Masturbation if you will. I don't want that to be what it's about. For me or my kids. We'll just enjoy the horses and what they and we are capable of. A good stress free ride without a ribbon at the end is just as if not more satisfying than an OK stressful ride with one.

Hows that for speaking my mind in a way Mr. Rogers wouldn't?
    Owned by a Paint/TB and an OTTB.
    RIP Scoutin' For Trouble ~ 2011 at 10
    RIP Tasha's Last Tango ~ 2010 at ~23
    RIP In Sha' Allah ~ 2009 too young at 5

maybe they should go find mandarino...

Huntley explains that, ideally, he is looking for a trainer that has a big personality that works with children under 13 years of age that has built in clientele.

Why do they have to cater to the dramatic in all of these? How about the importance of hard work, planning, and definitely hoping that goes on?

I have no interest in watching a show that revels in the loud mouthed bad mannered among us. "Oh quick, get a shot of the kid crying because the trainer called her names" - no thanks.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Yeah, I'd be more interested in watching everyday people achieve their goals rather than obnoxious drama....
    www.hogbackhillfarm.com

Well, you KNOW that a nice trainer is not gonna happen...

I'm honestly wondering if they can expect to get somemone who's even *barely* a "best trainer in the business." I really can't see Andre or the Maddens signing up for this ridiculousness... I bet it'll be a huge wanna be BNT.
    I'm having visions... "Pony Moms".....

Okay, anyone else thinking....

Pat Parrelli?
    George Morris?

Hey, they want out-spoken and colorful, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpthemoon16 View Post
    I'm honestly wondering if they can expect to get somemone who's even *barely* a "best trainer in the business." I really can't see Andre or the Maddens signing up for this ridiculousness... I bet it'll be a huge wanna be BNT.
    Isn't that the truth? Like a BNT needs a reality show. This will be a train wreck.....

Quote Originally Posted by Curiously View Post
    Okay, anyone else thinking....

Pat Parrelli?
    George Morris?

Hey, they want out-spoken and colorful, right?

I could never see George doing this. Too much of a class act. Even if he's a "colorful" personality!

The Parellis..... But they don't really compete, sooo..

The Parellis compete now ... BUT I don't know that they would go for this idea.

Barney and Mclain Ward . Think of all the boxes that would tick ...A little of the GODFATHER, a little Dynasty, a little Sopranos, a little Dallas...
    Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength

Is this a Bravo show? Remember they did Showbiz Moms & Dads, and a kid sports related one with sisters that rode quite a few years ago. Before anyone volunteers they might look at the long term health of the relationships on these shows.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Stellaspeed View Post
    Barney and Mclain Ward . Think of all the boxes that would tick ...A little of the GODFATHER, a little Dynasty, a little Sopranos, a little Dallas...
    Awesome!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    Is this a Bravo show? Remember they did Showbiz Moms & Dads, and a kid sports related one with sisters that rode quite a few years ago. Before anyone volunteers they might look at the long term health of the relationships on these shows.

Years back there was one with dog show people too.... not nice at all!!!
    We do not have an overpopulation of dogs, we have an under population of responsible dog owners!!!

Now I am reminded why I don't watch television anymore. Since that show " survivor" came on t.v. all they can come up with is more and more stupidity. Reality television is the ultimate " dumbing down" of american viewers.

I've always thought there needs to be a reality show on the world of horse showing! There are so many crazy show moms/dads/trainers/exhibitors that it would just be a giant hit. Probably extremely criticized, but addicting just like T&T. Excited to watch it when it comes out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpthemoon16 View Post
    Both of them were in the TV show "Horse Power- Road to the Maclay". Which, I was ADDICTED to! I think that is what the show should really be based on, but again, TV isn't focused on things like that; it's focused on who's the most dramatic, who isn't afraid to cause a scene, and who's the most extreme. Makes the best TV. Hate to admit it, but as must as Toddlers and Tiaras exploits the kids, I get hooked right into it, just because it IS that extreme.

I was watching Dance Moms the other night and I remember specifically thinking how awful it would be for the sport if they made Horse Show Moms. Sounds like it isn't too far off...