Free lease only: 16+ hh, dark black/bay with chrome TB mare. She has a huge barrel, is 12 yrs old, very fancy, good mover, great jumper, incredibly athletic (could trot 4'6"), H-U-G-E stride (walks the lines), BRAVE, auto change, no vices, incredible work ethic, etc, etc. She is an alpha mare, but gets turned out in a mixed herd situation and has no problems with anyone.

She has shown in the hunters, both local and rated, and hunted (both first field and whipped-in, as well as being borrowed as the huntsman's horse) several seasons. She has also done x-c event schooling several times with an eventer friend. This is a horse that would jump ANYTHING if you pointed her at it.

She now has to be retired from jumping due to arthritis in her foot from a fractured bone from her racing days that will not allow her to jump any longer -- This is NOT a conformational issue, and I have her radiographs. She has had her coffin joint injected, and had Pentosan, but the arthritis cannot be maintained any longer to make her be able to jump pain-free. She can be ridden on the flat in good footing, but is not really sound, and I am not going to make her work if she hurts.

I do not have her papers, but I will get them from the race trainer (she has them, I checked).

She will only be leased to an approved home, with a contract, and required in-person check-ups to assess her condition.Therefore, she needs to stay within a 2-3 hour drive of Middleburg, VA.

She would be an excellent mare for someone with a sporthorse breeding program, for either hunters, jumpers, or eventing.

Photos are available, please PM me.