The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Katarine - so you ditched the cowboy shower and went full-on-fancy LQ!!! Nice!

I still think I want the "shorter trailer" (but wide - 8 feet wide and 7'6 to 8 ft tall) without the indoor shower/potty

Your new one is lovely though!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

It's bigger than I wanted but not too big. We looked at an 8' SW but we really wanted a sofa. it's 8' wide, 7' 6" tall. It's a 3H slant with a 10' LQ. I was used to the 4' short wall after pulling it from 2004-2012, and it was looking and feeling pretty beat up. And it had gotten old to have so little room for two people...so 6 more feet was not really a big deal to me. No way in HADES I'd go any bigger. I'm leery about tearing up those tanks, but so far- so far.....so good.

We camp a fair amount. I show only a little bit. For camping, it's the bombdiggetty

2 members found this post helpful.

Funny, I was the original poster! I haven't gotten a new trailer yet as I would use it mostly at 4-5 shows/ year, maybe camping once a year. When I calculated how much it would cost me to upgrade I can pay for cheap hotel rooms for years to come And not have to clean out a grey tank.

The only down side is not being able to "live" right next to the horses at shows. Right now I just couldn't financially justify...but I just bought a lottery ticket!
    Read about my time at the Hannoveraner Verband Breeders Courses:
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2011.html
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2012.html

2 members found this post helpful.

It's not the grey tank you have to worry about- it's the black one!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy That View Post
    Lori - OMG, that video you did for Hawk was amazing and it really helped to see your set up. I love how you did everything - you really thought of everything you needed for camping. I also go horsecamping a few times a year - whether its for trail riding or events or clinics and I LOVE the cowboy shower and porta potty in the HORSE STALL AREA. I would never want a full LQ with all the fancy shower stall, toilets and the waste tanks and grey/black water tanks etc. I use my trailer for everyday stuff and just don't want a long behemoth thing that isn't handy to maneuver and use all the time.

Your set up is the best of both worlds. Love how you turn the horse stall area into a total mudroom with the dirty laundry hamper so you change out there and keep LQ area clean. You are sooo practical! I also love the fold out table outside - I bring one just like that and use, but having it attached is brillant. Also the magnetic curtain rod for the horse windows....brilliant.

Girl - you have TRICKED OUT YOUR TRAILER! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for the nice email.

As to the thread on the other page..I started that one! lol.. I was trying to find out if anyone knew of a slant load shower pan.

I'm sorry too if we got this going a year late. I read the post as 3/5/12 not 3/5/13...but like others said, its okay because someone is always looking for a new trailer. I am like you. I didn't want a huge trailer to pull, and I don't trust myself trying to drive a longer trailer either. Sure I get jealous when I step inside the full LQ trailers, but I sure wouldn't want to drive them. This is an easy rig to pull for short or long hauls.

Quote Originally Posted by quarterhorse4me View Post
    There is currently a thread on Horse Trailer World about cowboy showers. There is some great info there.

I have basic LQ with no hot water. I use a Colemen portable water heater in the back of my trailer to shower. All it requires is a bucket of water and a shower attachment. I stand in a "portable pet tub" which I got off of Ebay and just dump when I am done.

That was my post on horse trailer world I bet. You sent a link to your dog tub. I love the thought of that being collapsible. People on this thread may like to see that too.

No - I'm the dog wash post on Horsetrailerworld I think the 1st time I posted about it was 3 years ago on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori&Snickers View Post
    That was my post on horse trailer world I bet. You sent a link to your dog tub. I love the thought of that being collapsible. People on this thread may like to see that too.
    Not me that posted the link but I love my collapsable tub. It fits right in the closet of my trailer. Thanks Bells for the great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Bells View Post
    No - I'm the dog wash post on Horsetrailerworld I think the 1st time I posted about it was 3 years ago on there.
    Seriously? I thought you JUST posted it for me! lol My name on Horse trailer world is the same as here..Lori & Snickers. I just saw it and thought you had JUST sent it to me. (I am new to forums obviously)

Ha Ha. this is too funny. So there are two of you that have the dog tub. You can see how I got confused, but what a coincidence that you found this thread too Bells!

you guys should check out the work of these guys. It looks like he has some sort of shower pan custom made for the cowboy showers he puts in. Its too bad they are not doing anymore horse trailers. I wonder how much it cost to have him trim out a trailer.

http://www.trimboys.com/pictures.htm

Quote Originally Posted by rocky213 View Post
    you guys should check out the work of these guys. It looks like he has some sort of shower pan custom made for the cowboy showers he puts in. Its too bad they are not doing anymore horse trailers. I wonder how much it cost to have im trim out a trailer.

http://www.trimboys.com/pictures.htm
    The "thomkins" trailer shows a shower pan. I wonder how he made it. These guys do beautiful work.

Ah. Further reading on another trailer they did it says they use marine plywood and rubber truck bed liner material. Thank you for showing me this site. Now I have something to take to my conversion guys! The "sliger" trailer is the one that's says what they made it out of if anyone else is interested.

Thank you Rocky!

I've never seen the trim boys site - wow nice stuff! Disappointed to see that they are out of the business

Quote Originally Posted by Bells View Post
    I've never seen the trim boys site - wow nice stuff! Disappointed to see that they are out of the business
    Great site! I am committed to remodeling this summer when trail ride season it up. It will help me give my guy an illustration of some of the changes I want to make.

Old or not, I am glad it got resurrected

I agree - thanks for sharing the Trim Boys website. I love all the examples of how to trick out your dressing room!!!

I'm shopping for my dream trailer and all of these photos and "before/after" are inspiring.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

I picked up my trailer yesterday. Turns out it has a drain in the floor for the cowboy shower! It's above the floor, so I might trim it down to floor level, although I don't think it would affect the horses. Haven't decided what I'll use as a pan, but I might put some of those clear removable wall hooks on the ceiling (if they stick to metal) and hang a shower curtain when I'm set up to camp -- so the curtain goes inside the "pan" or dog bath, or whatever I use. I'm going to get a Thetford porta potty and set up with the tarp, etc. Great ideas! I'll let you know if it works. I'm so psyched to have a trailer with weekend living quarters!
    "If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em."