The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Did you know the horse 'Manassas County'/'Winter Garden'?

It's been almost two weeks now since the grand 'Mister Studly' crossed over the bridge and I think I can 'talk' about it....

MC had quite the show career and I'd love to hear from anyone who has memories they can share.
    Y'all ain't right!

Sorry for your loss .
    Was that the chestnut hunter Winter Garden that showed in the mid-atlantic in the early nineties? If so, I tried that horse as a junior and lobbied hard to buy him. Unfortunately I was vetoed and ended up with a junior hunter that I wasn't too fond of. But he was a great, fun horse and I'm glad to hear he had a long happy life.
    If I have the wrong horse I'll be very embarrassed and edit to just offer my condolences .

Yes, that was him. He was a great, fun horse - and very particular about his rider. Somehow, it makes me happy that you liked him. He was very special.
    Y'all ain't right!

Oh, I thought he was so much fun. I threw a really ineffective but semi-spectacular fit about not getting him. But everything happens for a reason, and you obviously were meant to end up with him in the end. I know you will miss him, but you were lucky to have such a special horse.