The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone know of an original Schultheis saddle for sale?

looking for an old one. Mine got stolen. Please PM me.

It's going to be tough to find a Schultheiss. Not sure what your budget is, but the new Stubben Genesis Special is really lovely and has the biomex seat.
    Charter member of the I-Refuse-to-Relinquish-My-Whip Clique

Another vote for the Stubben Genesis Special D. It is new technology for the flexible tree with the closeness and plain flap of the Schulteis. Four billets and the overgirth strap give it thetraditional look with great versatility for balancing.

A bit of history from Catharine Haddad: http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...-st%C3%BCbben? http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...%BCbben?page=2
    Last edited by not again; Mar. 5, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

Default Check Stubben's Website

Fatorange, You may be in luck! Stubben has some used/demo saddles for sale on their website. They have several Tristan Specials (Schultheis w/o blocks) in brown for sale. Just what you are looking for. They have the flexible spring tree and are listed for $995.00. If the saddle doesn't have the billeting system you want, you can have the billets changed. My Tristan Special is out right now to have a point billet added. It is several years old and much more comfortable than my vintage Tristan (circa 50's/60's) that has a wooden tree. A bargain!! Hope they have what you want.
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

I have one, but you'd have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.

I think Stubben still sells it as the "Tristan Extra" or something. If you get a new one, be prepared for a bright orange-y saddle that deepens into a beautiful rich brown with oiling.

Good Luck.

1 members found this post helpful.

I bought mine in the early 70's and it is still in great shape. It was brown when I bought back then and now it is almost black. It will be buried with me. LOL!

1 members found this post helpful.

I *think* I saw a couple listed on horseclicks.com last week. So sorry yours got stolen. My Genesis Special D is going to be buried with me, so I totally understand the attachment!

I don't know of one for sale other than the two on Stubben's site (and they're new, not used), but I know I ran across a couple of them when I was looking to buy older Stubbens. Most of the time they're just called Tristans and you have to look at the specs to see what they actually are.

Hi - not sure if you're still in the market, but I have two original Stubben Schultheis saddles for sale. They are both 18", one is a havana brown and the other is black. I'll have to look and see what the tree size is on them. Great saddles, just I have two toddlers to run after right now and no plans to get back into dressage in the near future. Can e-mail pictures. I'm located in SK, Canada.

I have one as well if you are still looking.

What are the specs on a Schultheis that distinguish them from other Tristan models?