The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cats in VA in desperate need of new homes

Looking to place quite a few very sweet cats into new homes due to their caretaker's recent diagnosis of rapidly progressing Alzheimer's, along with several other serious health issues. Mostly ages ranging from 9 months to 5 or 6 years old. Several older kitties, as well. Every color imaginable . . . torties, calico, tabbies, black, orange tabbies. All healthy, spayed/neutered and vaccinated. Most have been indoor/outdoor (and are litter box trained), but there are several that are better suited to barn homes, simply because they prefer to be out. This started as a project to spay/neuter a feral colony years ago when their owner retired and moved to southern Virginia. She is heart broken to have to give them up and terrified that animal control will end up coming in to take them, which will result in immediate euthanasia in that area. Please, please, please . . . if you have room in your heart, your home and your barn, please help to get these guys placed. I've already taken in my limit but can provide transportation for the others.

This is certainly a sad situation. My heart goes out to this lady and to the kitties. We can't take in any more critters as we are out of room; however, if their location is SE VA, I might be able to help with transport. Bless you for trying to help.

Where exactly in VA are they? (like town) I'm not sure of that area i'm from Chapel Hill, NC but looking ofr a barn cat, could possibly take 2.

I've sent PMs to you both. Thanks so much. The cats are located near Buggs Island Lake on the NC/VA line.