The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

This is a copy of questions and answers regarding a Butet Saddle presently being offered on EBAY. The man selling it obviously knows alot about tack!

harryjohnson <harryjohnson@goowy.com> wrote:
    Dear friend, I have noticed this saddle on EBAY, and wondered, could possibly the billets on this saddle be made of elastic?

B J <maciokan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    yes they are made from elastic

That is wonderful, it makes it worth so much more!!!!!! Is the tree made from bone?

yes the tree made is from bone.i can set you a buy it now price at 1500 $us including shipping cost to your house in USA.let me know and we can have a quick deal.i need to sell the saddle urgently because i need some money for holidays.
    thanks

I would love to have this saddle, the tree made of bone is the most exquisite of all. Is it Bison bone, or the less costly version made of sheep bones?

it is Bison bone.let me know if you wanna buy because i need to sell it quickly.

YES! I certainly do wish to have the saddle. It is the one of my dreams, I wonder also if it has the fashionable manure-oil, or if it is the motor oil that the saddle was oiled with. It is a beautiful piece!

it was oiled with fashionable manure-oil.Let me know if you wanna buy it now for 1500 $ including shipping cost because i have a lot of buyers and i have to sell it urgently.
    thanks
    POYBGP, member in good standing.

This is a copy of questions and answers regarding a Butet Saddle presently being offered on EBAY. The man selling it obviously knows alot about tack!

harryjohnson &lt;harryjohnson@goowy.com&gt; wrote:
    Dear friend, I have noticed this saddle on EBAY, and wondered, could possibly the billets on this saddle be made of elastic?

B J &lt;maciokan@yahoo.co.uk&gt; wrote:
    yes they are made from elastic

That is wonderful, it makes it worth so much more!!!!!! Is the tree made from bone?

yes the tree made is from bone.i can set you a buy it now price at 1500 $us including shipping cost to your house in USA.let me know and we can have a quick deal.i need to sell the saddle urgently because i need some money for holidays.
    thanks

I would love to have this saddle, the tree made of bone is the most exquisite of all. Is it Bison bone, or the less costly version made of sheep bones?

it is Bison bone.let me know if you wanna buy because i need to sell it quickly.

YES! I certainly do wish to have the saddle. It is the one of my dreams, I wonder also if it has the fashionable manure-oil, or if it is the motor oil that the saddle was oiled with. It is a beautiful piece!

it was oiled with fashionable manure-oil.Let me know if you wanna buy it now for 1500 $ including shipping cost because i have a lot of buyers and i have to sell it urgently.
    thanks

I'm curious. What is it about the particular ad that 'put up a red flag' for you?

I'd like to know, in case I buy another saddle off of Ebay. (Very happy with the inexpensive, in-between saddle I purchased a couple of years ago.)

Yes, Buryinghill, that indeed is "my" elastic billeted, bison bone tree, manure oiled saddle.

RH, I had seen that particular saddle back a month or so ago, with the same description, but offered here in the US. Beware of sellers from other countries with zero feedback, or if there is feedback, I generally check to make sure the other person has purchased other equestrian items. I have had very good luck with all my Ebay purchases, and some have been for large dollar amounts. When it is something iffy like a saddle, ask a question that only another horse person would know the answer to, see what their payment terms are (if they ask you to wire them the money via Western Union, that is a red flag), and if they offer to sell the saddle for much less than it is worth, that is another.

I sent an email to Ebay reporting the fraud...These fakes are annoying. Thanks for pointing it out!

Oh that saddle isn't worth anything unless it has whale bone for a tree and is oiled with seal fat!!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_razz.gif
    I want to be like Barbie because that bitch has everything!

The next time I come across one of these "finds" I will be sure to post the questions, as you had suggested. It is amazing how these scams have taken over the equestrian related categories in EBAY, I wonder if anyone has actually been "stung" by them.

I also saw that saddle a few weeks ago. Something about the listing just screams scam. Also beware of fake second chance offers. I have bid on a few saddles recently, which I didn't win. I have gotten phony second chance offers on almost all of them.

Typically those second chance offers are not from the real seller.

OMG! Now I'm scared to death. I ordered a saddle 2 days ago from someone in OH and now I am starting to get panicky about it. its a crosby PDN(while i save up for my hermes) and i didn't want to do payment over the internet(I'm a newbie to this)thought it would be better to have an address....sent a postal money order b/c didn't want to give out card #s. did i goof? i hope the saddle gets here and is actually what it is supposed to be?
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

I would not worry, twotrudoc, was it an EBAY find, and if so, did the person answer questions intelligently? Did you speak with them on the phone before sending the money? Did they have positive feedback?

it was on the equisearch classifieds. i did not talk on the phone but did give her my phone, address, etc. yes, they answered my questions nicely. getting rid of the saddle b/c they don't ride eng anymore. saw pics of the saddle, etc. sent her the delivery conf # and the serial # on the money order. but haven't heard anything yet. that was wed. the $$ should be there today or tomorrow(2-3 day express) they asked me not to overnight it b/c they were going to be gone xmas shopping all day thurs. i am hoping hoping hoping this works out ok.
    The Knotted Pony

I would not worry twotru, it seems that many of the saddle scammers use England as their "address", perhaps because they think we ride english?

isn't there a record of where you are sending the money, ie;says england but actually went to 156 Nowheresville?
    The Knotted Pony

Harry did you report this auction to e-Bay scam dept.? They need to know...

I'm thinking this is another - as I recall seeing very similar pictures before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tad-Coffin-A5-saddle-bonus-items-PE...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    If you really think about it, what can you blame on a horse?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taken By Storm:
    I'm thinking this is another - as I recall seeing very similar pictures before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tad-Coffin-A5-saddle-bonus-items-PE...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That absolutely is. someone stole the photos from another auction...I cna tell you that for a fact...it's my saddle!

It is a copy of listing 7200267874 which was my saddle that I sold to a friend who then sold it on ebay. It is the same pictures and even her description. I reported it to ebay and you all should do the same!