The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default dual purpose kitty - total cuteness + lethal hunter in MD

"Pickle" is a really, really cool adult kitty I've been fostering for a few months. He'd like very much to find a new place to reside as mine is a bit overrun with cats, and super bossy ones at that.

He's probably the most low maintenance, well-adapted cat I've ever had the pleasure of living with. He has excellent litterbox manners, waits patiently for dinner, is cheerful and friendly even with my somewhat-abusive resident bully cats and adores human company. He never seems to be more than a few feet from me, waiting for a little eye contact so he can politely request some scratches and a few pets. He has an adorable drop-roll-and-rub-his-face manuever for attention that's impossible to resist.

He previously lived as an outdoor deck-cat and was a really successful hunter, bringing in everything from shrews to full grown bunnies and scrapping occasionally with those opportunistic bastard raccoons.

The vital stats - aged as a "young adult" (3-4), neutered, rabies vaccinated and tested negative for FIV and FeLV.

I'd love to keep this little man all for myself but boss cat has give that a big fat veto. He's currently living in MD but I'm willing to make any sort of drive to get him a great home. Any leads are welcome via email - llefebure1@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Pictures:
    100% irresistable face

assuming the proper waiting position for dinnertime

my handsome little man

Adding a video of his cuteness looking for some attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_vbE7kiKg

Quote Originally Posted by LarissaL View Post
    Adding a video of his cuteness looking for some attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_vbE7kiKg
    He is precious!! If only I didn't have two cats already, I would snap him up!

Bumping so everyone can see his adorable-ness

Thanks for the bump Would really, really like to find Pickle a great new home! Tensions at the "zoo" are running a little high - four kitties sharing 800 sq ft of apartment. Poor Pickle got a totally undeserved and thorough butt-whooping at 1 AM last night from the boss cat (someone is cooling off in solitary at the moment..). My sweet little man showed up for breakfast as cheery and loving as ever but it's not fair to ask him to live like that.

Willing to drive him hours in any direction for the right situation!

Bumping up my favorite grey kitty!

Oh, he needs another bump for all of the cute/sweet/lethalness!

Can he be solely a barn cat with dog/cat door to a lounge or does he need to live in a home.
    \"A smart lady knows its ok to change her mind, a damn fool never does\"

LarissaL, is he a lap cat, if given the opportunity? My parents have the World's Best Cat, whose buddy died a year ago and he's showing all the signs of needing a friend. That said, my parents have had so many mean cats (before World's Best) over the years that they want a lover cat! Would Pickle be interested in lap warming and companionship to one very chill cat? Also, dog friendly or no? He's a cutie for sure!

I don't think he'd mind being a barn cat one bit. He was a purely outdoor cat for the first couple years of his life and was fairly content with a covered bed and breakfast every few days!

I would also THINK he'd become a lap cat in no time. He doesn't really get the opportunity at my place thanks to the keeper cats always occupying the prime spots, but he is such a sucker for attention I'd bet he'd take it up in no time. I really do wish I could keep him - he's that sweet. And so polite. Makes it known he wants attention but will sit patiently and wait until it's his turn. Quite unlike my fat one who screams incessently and uses his brute force to open doors, tunnel under the covers, trip me up and whatever else he darn well pleases.. but that's a different topic.

I'm unsure about his dog friendliness. I'm inclined to say he's not been introduced but he probably wouldn't care when he was. The fat cat mentioned above is a bit like an ill-behaved dog.. aggressive, gives chase, etc.. and Pickle tolerates him well. He's pretty non-plussed about most things in life.

Larissa-
    My in-laws just lost their rather serious mouser cat a few weeks ago and are starting to look for a replacement. They live on a big farm, and need something that will do his fair share of killing, but be loveable none the less-they're animal people! He'd be as much indoor as he'd like/outdoor as he'd like- they always leave a window open for the kitty Where in Maryland are you? they are in southern maryland, about an hour south of DC.

Hoping this sweet kitty finds a home!!

Thanks all for the inquiries and bumps on Pickle's thread He's temporarily landed at my boyfriend's and will hopefully be making himself a permanent resident there. I'll update if that somehow falls through!

SO glad!!!

Glad he's made a landing. I just wanted to say I think your subject line is perfect. You should be in sales!

Ha! My boyfriend said the exact same thing when I "sold" him the cat He's really a super special little guy though and makes the sale extra easy!